Boston College 2010

DeWinter

Hello folks,

Wondering if anyone else had applied to Boston College. Saw in the results search that someone had received a phone call about being waitlisted. So does this mean that the acceptance notices are already out? I haven't heard anything from them at all and my agora portal status has not changed.

Do let us know!

I also applied but haven't hear anything yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I didn't think any news had gone out so I was kinda surprised to see that one posting on the results page.

karakiz--- if I can ask, what is your area of interest? I'm primarily focused on gender/sexuality/queer theory.

I also applied but haven't hear anything yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I didn't think any news had gone out so I was kinda surprised to see that one posting on the results page.

karakiz--- if I can ask, what is your area of interest? I'm primarily focused on gender/sexuality/queer theory.

Given your gender interest, are you interested in working with Hesse-Biber? I didn't apply to BC, but I've spoken with her at a conference, and she's very approachable and personable.

Oh, I'm glad I was not the only one surprised. I didn't think any news had gone out either.

My area of interest is gender, sexuality, race and culture. For my specific focus, I wanted to work with Dr. C Shawn McGuffey- he's got fascinating research interests. What about you?

Personally, I haven't heard anything from them either.

I'm excited about the prospects of working with a couple of their faculty (Dr. Pfohl and Dr. McGuffey), but I'm not so sure I would like living in Boston. I'm from small town Alabama!

Oh, I'm glad I was not the only one surprised. I didn't think any news had gone out either.

My area of interest is gender, sexuality, race and culture. For my specific focus, I wanted to work with Dr. C Shawn McGuffey- he's got fascinating research interests. What about you?

McGuffey does seem to have some really interesting research! I mentioned working with Professor Hesse-Biber in my SOP, so we'll see. Good luck!

McGuffey does seem to have some really interesting research! I mentioned working with Professor Hesse-Biber in my SOP, so we'll see. Good luck!

Thanks, you too! Do you know how big the cohort size is per year in Boston College?

Also, anyone been to the campus/department? How is it? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, you too! Do you know how big the cohort size is per year in Boston College?

Also, anyone been to the campus/department? How is it? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

i visited/met some people. BC is beautiful, albeit a really conservative student body. i picked up the paper while i was waiting to meet people and there were op-eds from gay undergrads that were talking about peer verbal/physical violence. yikes.

that said, the faculty do seem very cool, and BC is a well funded institution.

i visited/met some people. BC is beautiful, albeit a really conservative student body. i picked up the paper while i was waiting to meet people and there were op-eds from gay undergrads that were talking about peer verbal/physical violence. yikes.

that said, the faculty do seem very cool, and BC is a well funded institution.

wow, that is disconcerting

• 2 weeks later...

I assume people know by now, but if not, BC issued invites for accepted & wait-listed to visit campus in a couple of weeks - so they've probably made their decisions.

Congratulations on the waist list, but I have heard nothing from them. How were you informed? By email or phone?