Courtauld Interviews

eleanorrigby

I'm really curious about this as well. I get the sense that perhaps they only interview the people who aren't a clear "yes" or "no" based on the application materials, but I don't have anything terribly substantial to base this theory on!

I see that there is one admit for the MA program that popped up this morning--I wonder if each Special Option notifies at different times. My email from the general program indicated that decisions for the first round would be emailed on Friday.

Does anyone know if the Courtauld generally interviews American applicants? Obviously they're not gonna make me fly there for it, but I got an email about how they're not interviewing me and of course, I'm reading into it way too much...

I got a 'no interview' email as well. I guess we'll see on Friday what it means as that's when they're sending out the first round decisions. It's quite possible that they just couldn't be bothered scheduling interviews for overseas candidates -- even a phone interview is difficult when there's a 5+ hour time difference. Regardless, I'd imagine that they only interview the "maybe" candidates.

With regard to acceptances floating in (in addition to the one posted on the board yesterday/today, I had a friend who heard she was accepted late last week) I'm guessing it has something to do with which course option you apply for. Each tutor is in charge of his/her own acceptances, so the options with fewer applications probably finished reviewing them earlier.

Did anyone else hear anything today? I got an email this afternoon saying that we'd get final first choice decisions on the 15th, even though last week's email said it'd be today. Confusing! With that said, Courtauld lost/never received my recs, and I was told there was a chance my application might not be evaluated until the 2nd round at all, depending on whether or not they had time to look at it.

I think the email they sent out saying decisions would be emailed today was just a mistake. I did some digging, and it is very clearly the 15th according to the official document here: http://www.courtauld.ac.uk/degreeprogrammes/postgraduate/ma/documents/MAHATimeline.pdf

Frustrating, since I didn't figure it out till about 4 pm, and had already spent the whole day stressing about it.

Sorry to hear you've been having so many complications, georgica2, good luck!!

Eeep, glad I'm not the only one stressing about my lack of an email from the Courtauld today! I had an interview yesterday morning (and the professor called half an hour earlier than was scheduled. Luckily, it still went well... my heart rate just doubled at the beginning of the phone call!)

I was checking my email obsessively today. Last night I even dreamt about checking my inbox over and over again! Hopefully I'll be able to forget about it this weekend, and see something from them on Monday.

Just out of curiousity: those with offers, which special options did you choose as your first choice?

Best of luck, everyone! Hope interviews went well, and congrats to those with acceptances!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum. I wanted to say that I got my offer on the 10th after no interview. Since the tutors review the applications directly, whether or not you get an interview and when you get the notice might just depend on which course of study you applied for.

Good luck to everybody!!! And, congrats to stilnovista!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum. I wanted to say that I got my offer on the 10th after no interview. Since the tutors review the applications directly, whether or not you get an interview and when you get the notice might just depend on which course of study you applied for.

Good luck to everybody!!! And, congrats to stilnovista!

Congratulations on your offer! Do you mind sharing which option you were accepted for?

Did anyone hear anything from Courtauld today? According to the email and what's posted on the website, 2nd round offers were supposed to go out today, but I didn't hear a word and don't see anything on the results page.

Nope, I didn't hear anything either. A bit frustrating... even if it's bad news, I'd like to know! I'm pretty sure I won't get accepted into my second and third choices because they're simply not great fits. But that's okay, I'd just like confirmation!

I posted this in the other thread as well, but is there anyone who still hasn't heard about round 2 yet? According to the first email, round 2 decisions were supposed to go out on Feb 26th and a bunch of people posted notifications last week. After hearing absolutely nothing on the 26th, I got an email yesterday that said my application had been passed to my 2nd round choice and that I would receive a notification on February 25th (?!?!?!) Totally confused! Did anyone else get that email yesterday? And am I the only one still waiting for a 2nd round decision? Ugh!

Same with me! I haven't heard a thing yet for round 2. I've pretty much given up hope for the Courtauld... but hope to hear something by the 5th, since that's when we're all supposed to find out third round results anyway. But argh. Georgica, I feel your pain! Out of all the unis I've applied to, the Courtauld has been the most mixed up/unreliable. My phone interview for the first round occurred half an hour earlier than was scheduled (I was a bit thrown off the first few minutes, and had to scoot my family out of the kitchen while talking with the professor). Then, I wasn't notified about first round results until a few days later than Feb 12th... and now I haven't heard a thing since then. Hmm.

Soooo I received an acceptance this morning for my third choice. Very strange. Nice to hear something, though!

As for interview pointers, well, just be yourself really! They want to see if you're a good fit, but you also want to see if they're a good fit. Think of questions to ask (i.e. how they conduct thesis supervision) and let the conversation flow. My interview seemed quite long, about 35-40 minutes. We mostly talked about research, so really know your stuff! Of course this will vary from professor to professor, but mine pulled a bunch of questions from my personal statement.

Also, I know I've said this a few times, but my interviewer called half an hour earlier than scheduled. So maybe just be prepared for that!

Sorry, I realize this advice isn't anything groundbreaking, but I really can't stress enough that you should just be yourself.

I feel like a broken record, but WHAT is going on with Courtauld? 3rd round offers were supposed to go out today, and not only did I NOT hear anything, I still never got a response on my 2nd round choice?! Getting really frustrated. I mean, I'm guessing that means a flat out rejection, but seriously? No response whatsoever? Is anyone else still waiting on Courtauld?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late here but I received an unconditional offer to my first choice course back in Feb. I'm seriously considering going but am not sure yet as I haven't heard back from the other school I've applied to, although for a slightly different program. Has anyone accepted their offer? Also, I applied for funding but was rejected for the actual Courtauld scholarship. They did however send me a link to a new scholarship that will be offered but I think it's specific to my chosen field.

It maybe a little early for this, but for those who will be attending....where is everyone thinking about living?

I'm a little late here but I received an unconditional offer to my first choice course back in Feb. I'm seriously considering going but am not sure yet as I haven't heard back from the other school I've applied to, although for a slightly different program. Has anyone accepted their offer? Also, I applied for funding but was rejected for the actual Courtauld scholarship. They did however send me a link to a new scholarship that will be offered but I think it's specific to my chosen field.

It maybe a little early for this, but for those who will be attending....where is everyone thinking about living?

I've accepted my offer, although I still haven't heard back about the funding. I think I also perhaps got the same email that you did, about a new scholarship, but I'm not sure whether its conditions will work out for my research. Things are not looking particularly rosy with regards to money matters, but I'm looking into other possibilities right now.

I have no idea where I'll be living, but I'm sure that the promised acceptance packets they'll be sending out in late April/early May will have some information in it...I think for the first year, I'll most likely live in one of the dorms close by. Good luck in deciding where to end up!