A Possible Distraction

Bobb Cobb

Cpaige- I was invited to the March 12th admit day, so I am guessing it was for all accepted and waitlisted applicants (which also tells me the waitlist isn't very long). I'm still not sure if I can go due to work commitments...

It is cool that they are bringing the waitlist applicants in as well, not many places do that. That will be your time to shine!

... my fat ratio is over 10 % again ...

I'm going to assume you're male. Heh.

I ran a half marathon this weekend, which was an excellent distraction. For a few days, I was stressed about finishing that rather than grad school. Now I'm thinking about a 50-mile bike ride in Baja in April. My friend told me her rear was sore, but the fish tacos and beer at the end were totally worth it.

Oh, wait, summer plans? Work at my full-time job until two days before I go and pick up as much freelance work as possible to steel myself for the oncoming poverty. Also, I'm starting to panic that I've forgotten all of the literature in my several years out of school, so I'll be boning up on the basics. Pulling out my MSc books and reading the tables of contents and introductions. Maybe take a summer Spanish class. Or maybe I'll just enjoy the beach with a book over my face.

haha ... how is northwestern sounding to you? evanston's a great little town and you don't have to worry about being in semi-dangerous hyde park.

Haha, am I the only person who thinks the combined waitlist/admit day is a strange idea? I mean, it'd make more sense if they just accepted you without funding and said that you might get funding if enough people decline their offers. As is, it sounds like pure awkwardness. I am very curious to hear how it goes!

Oh, and the summer will hopefully be a roadtrip to wherever I end up (if I can make some money before then). Damn you recession!

Edited by polisciFTW

With 3 rejections from the three schools I thought I'd get in and would be fine, (considering I don't stand a chance for Columbia or Georgetown), there is nothing on earth including god himself that can distract me and keep my mind off of things these days :(

With 3 rejections from the three schools I thought I'd get in and would be fine, (considering I don't stand a chance for Columbia or Georgetown), there is nothing on earth including god himself that can distract me and keep my mind off of things these days sad.gif

Hey... I know it's hard to distract oneself (I am failing myself most of the time), but try to remember that the process is unpredictable. Many excellent people get rejected from their "safety schools", but end up going to their top choice. It happens all the time. I went to Oxford as an undergrad but got rejected by my backup university, which you probably wont even have heard of (not that I cared...)

There is nothing we can do at this point, but wait. I am sure your efforts will be rewarded. I keep my fingers crossed for you smile.gif

Hey... I know it's hard to distract oneself (I am failing myself most of the time), but try to remember that the process is unpredictable. Many excellent people get rejected from their "safety schools", but end up going to their top choice. It happens all the time. I went to Oxford as an undergrad but got rejected by my backup university, which you probably wont even have heard of (not that I cared...)

There is nothing we can do at this point, but wait. I am sure your efforts will be rewarded. I keep my fingers crossed for you smile.gif

Thanks mate :) I really hope it does happen that way for me, too :)

im planning to trek to the base camp of mount everest ... thought about making it to the peak, but that is so 2008 :)

That would be awesome. I have always wanted to go spend a month or something at base camp and do day hikes just for the strain. I am in no sort of shape to attempt a summit bid, not to mention my GA salary is lacking about $40,000.