has anyone ever been admitted to school that didn't invite you to an interview?

Interviews for literature programs seem to be more the exception than the rule. That said, if the program did conduct an interview weekend (or other period) for its applicants, I would - I hate to say this - take your lack of an invitation as a less than favorable sign.

just curious...

has anyone ever been admitted to a school that didn't invite you to an interview?

thinking about my lack of an Emory invite.

Edited by straightshooting

That is what I was afraid of....just looking for any glimmer of hope.... really want/need/hoping/praying for a funded offer

Based on your signature, it look as though you've applied to quite a few programs. Remember that the decisions are often made because of fit, at best, and bizarre departmental quotas and bureaucracy, at worst (which is probably the norm, at least in part). Worry not.

just curious...

has anyone ever been admitted to a school that didn't invite you to an interview?

thinking about my lack of an Emory invite.

I went through this process last year and know how much psychological anguish it can cause, so I don't know if this glimmer will help or hurt you more in the long run, but last year I was not invited to Emory's interview weekend and found out about a month later (via email from the dgs) that I was waitlisted. I don't know if this has changed this year or not, but I guess they interview and make acceptances from that batch, waitlisting the rest (and they may outright reject some of those people.... I'm not sure) and then notifying later the extra non-interview waitlist people, who would naturally be lower on the list than those interviewed. Ultimately I took myself off the list, but I don't think they would have gotten to me anyway :-/ Best of luck!! I hope everyone hears great news soon!

That is what I was afraid of....just looking for any glimmer of hope.... really want/need/hoping/praying for a funded offer

Oh dang, I just realized you applied for comp. lit. This was for English. I have no idea if they have the same procedures for this stuff. Eeek, sorry!

Back to your original Q: same as sibil; admitted to another UC's Comp Lit here while no interview whatsoever. Actually if you're just wondering about Emory, I can tell you more: I emailed the sec and Prof White emailed back saying if you didn't get invited for interview, you're not the top candidates and might found yourself somewhere on the wait list. Hope this helps.

With regards to Emory, if it helps, I was invited for the recruitment weekend (and my interviews went great) but received a rejection email from them the other day. So perhaps that's another space for someone on the wait list. :)