Leaving I-20 in the US

I am traveling outside the US, late to sign my I-20 and I have emergency flight. Can I leave my I-20 to my friend so he can take it to ISS to sign it and then mail to me back to my homecountry so I can re-enter the US

Not ideal but possible. You don't need the I-20 when you leave the country, but you'll need it to get back in. Make sure they use a safe delivery option where they have you sign for it instead of leave it randomly on your doorstep or something, the I-20 isn't something you want to lose. 

It's up to you want you want to do.

But here's another option: Tell your ISS office right now that you had to leave for an emergency and left your I-20 in the US. They should be able to print a new one, sign it, and courier it to you. This will be faster than your friend doing it because it is fewer steps. Also, the fewer times the I-20 has to change hands, the less likely it will be lost. And by telling ISS this right away, they can help you find other solutions that might be possible too.