I am sincerely hoping someone can offer me insight on receiving and MPA-PNP from NYU Wagner vs MPA from CUNY Baruch.

Originally, I was debating on attending Columbia for an MSW and Wagner for an MPA, but ultimately decided an MPA would be better to reach my career goals. I was generously offered a substantial scholarship from Columbia, first year full ride from Baruch, but no scholarship assistance from Wagner. When I attended Admitted Student Day at Wagner, I was blown away by the current and incoming students, faculty, and curriculum (specifically the Social Innovation and Impact Investment specialization). It seems like a good amount of the NYU Wagner grads are working in similar, if not the exact, positions I dream of, but is attending NYU Wagner worth the inevitable loans? I am not able to confidently make the same statement about Baruch, because they did not have a specific list of the jobs their graduate students obtained upon completion of their MPA's. Baruch lets their students tailor their curriculum once their core requirements are fulfilled, as opposed to specifically choosing a concentration, which is very appealing. However, there isn't much I would want to change about NYU's MPA-PNP Impact Investment specialization. I want to attend the school that will provide me with the best curriculum and network to achieve my end goals, and I genuinely am not sure if one school is better than the other in this aspect. They both seem like incredible programs, so I know I can't lose choosing one or the other, I just want to make the most informed decision possible. The financial burden of NYU Wagner's loans vs a free first year at Baruch weighs heavily on me. Does anyone have experience at either of these schools in regards to networking, job obtainment, or utilizing faculty networks? Will NYU loans be worth the burden because of the job opportunities their network opens up, or do both schools have equal networking/job opportunities? Is one school more heavily integrated in NYC's organizations more than the other? I would also love to hear any pros or cons you experienced during your time at Wagner or Baruch!

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...