ECE @University of Toronto

siming

I didn't apply to control group, but I applied to communications group. I'm currently doing my masters and did my ungraduated at U of T. I hope the following information helps: Based on my experience and the reply I got from grad office, U of T has a rather long admission process. It will last for several months. There are 3 rounds of admission, and your profile may not be visible to the professors in the first a couple of rounds (depending on when you completed your application, including reference letters). People who got admitted during the first round should have heard from the department/professors already. But it doesn't mean anything if you still haven't heard anything, as there are more rounds coming up. For instance, I've known people who got admitted as late as in June.

So don't worry.wink.gif

I just checked my application status on SGS website and it shows "Documents Pending" !!! Before, I was continuously checking the ECE status page but not the SGS! The ECE shows: "your application has been received." I have already sent all the supporting documents way before the deadline.

I just emailed the department, but right now I am freaked out. What can be wrong? Is it that they have received but haven't still updated the status? Has somebody had a similar experienc?

Edited by Spectrum

Hi Spectrum,

I have also applied as an international student to ECE for PhD in Communications Engineering (fall/2010). I sent my application and supporting ducments in Dec before the deadline and my application status is still showing "Received". In the SGS website, the status is "documents pending". I just emailed the department to acknowledge the receipt of the documents. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck.

Hi Spectrum,

I have also applied as an international student to ECE for PhD in Communications Engineering (fall/2010). I sent my application and supporting ducments in Dec before the deadline and my application status is still showing "Received". In the SGS website, the status is "documents pending". I just emailed the department to acknowledge the receipt of the documents. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck.

Hi I am an international student. I apped for PhD for Fall 2010. I am facing the same "documents pending" situation. Has any body got any info regarding the status of the ap? I mean is it just that the website is not updated?

Thanks

Hi I am an international student. I apped for PhD for Fall 2010. I am facing the same "documents pending" situation. Has any body got any info regarding the status of the ap? I mean is it just that the website is not updated?

Thanks

Hi All, this is the answer I received from the department: Please use the ECE WEB SYSTEM to monitor the status of your application. The status of your application will read "received" when complete. Do not use the SGS web system to monitor the status of your application. Because of the volume of material that we receive, we do not update the SGS web system.

I have applied as an international student to the MASc program (FPGAs), but I have not heard of anyone getting any kind of result yet from the department. I know some people who have had rejects and admits from the CS dept but heard nothing of the ECE dept.

Anyone applied to U of T's 'control and dynamics' program? Heard anything yet?

Had an interview with one of the control prof. Interview couldve been better. The prof. told me the decision will be made around the beginning of march. Now i m still waiting.. Should I follow up with the prof?