Spain

Bubal

Hello/Hola:

Just wondering if there are Spaniards in this forum applying for a Master. Haven´t met anyone yet, and I think It would be nice to exchange experiences/ideas/wories. By the way, I live in Madrid.

Greets

This is off topic.. What are some good places in Madrid to go see? My gf is studying abroad in Madrid and I'm flying out to see her at the end of month. Want to make sure I see some awesome places when I am there.

Well, there is many out here. If you are staying long enough, I will recommend you to visit Toledo or Segovia, which are close enough from Madrid for a day trip. In Madrid, must see places are Reina Sofia Museum, Prado, and Thyssen. If you are soccer fan you can visit Santiago Bernabeu. You should go to the Austrian and Borbonic part of Madrid: Puerta del Sol, Opera, Plaza Mayor and also visit the retiro (Sunday is better).

You can have some beer with tapas in La Latina, or in the area close to Plaza Santa Ana.

Gran Via is nice, Calle FUencarral is pederastrian and is nice for shopping.

Night life is plenty of it, but depends which kind of places/music you prefer.

Send me MP if you want to know something else smile.gif.

i'm from madrid too!! Looking for a MA in IR.... what programs are you applying for??

Nice to hear that! Im applying to Master in Public Policy. Where are you applying? How is funding going? What's your Major? Mines is Political and Government Science, with Major in Political Analysis in Complutense.

From Madrid also, applying for Computer Science. Do you have a fellowship? La Caixa? I do have it!

Hi Pepe! I coulnt apply last year to the Caixa scholarhip because didn't have the TOEFL. I'm applyng Caja Madrid, Caja España, Beca-Prestamo Santander-ICO and Mutua Madrileña (para hijos de mutualistas que lleven mas de 20 años).

Congrats for your fellowship! Uf, I would love to have a full coverage scholarship.

Where are you applying?

Do you know more ppl is our situation?

I'm applying to MSFS, SAIS, SIPA among others (competition's hard this year!!). I have a degree in social science and another in arabic philology (started in UCM and later transfered to UAM). I also got la caixa scholarship, so at least don't have an extra headache on funding (las applications me han traído de cabeza estos últimos meses!!). Btw, have you heard about the Fundación Rafael del Pino? I'm pretty sure they also give full-coverage scholarships!!

I'm applying to MSFS, SAIS, SIPA among others (competition's hard this year!!). I have a degree in social science and another in arabic philology (started in UCM and later transfered to UAM). I also got la caixa scholarship, so at least don't have an extra headache on funding (las applications me han traído de cabeza estos últimos meses!!). Btw, have you heard about the Fundación Rafael del Pino? I'm pretty sure they also give full-coverage scholarships!!

Good luck Sheila! Yep, the application process is an odyssey (we know how spanish bureaucracyy works unsure.gif ) moreover for international students (GRE preparation, asking for LoR in English, ...).

I've heard about the Fundación Rafael del Pino scolarships, the deadline was the 15th of Jan. Thanks anyway!

one of my peers is from Spain, doing a History MA here in Canada.

smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi, there! I just found this thread while surfing the forums. I'm also from Spain. I've been accepted for an MA in Hispanic Linguistics. I've received a funding package for 2 years plus 5 more if I decide to continue to PhD. I wish I could have applied for La Caixa grants, but by the time I decided to apply to Grad School it was already too late.

Espero que hayáis tenido todos mucha suerte con vuestras "applications".

One of my grandparents was born in Barcelona. I've always really wanted to visit there, hopefully for educational reasons. I planned to already, but it didn't work out -- didn't quite have the money.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is there really a lot of difficult bureaucracy in Spain? That made your applications difficult? Traveling there seems a little complicated, but surely they wouldn't make it too difficult for a "tourist"...right?

Edited by Jae B.