FRQSC (Quebec) 2018/2019

Adelaide9216

• 2 weeks later...

My first respondant sent my LOR for FRQSC but my second hasn't and I wonder how many days before the deadline should I send her a reminder. It's the only thing I am missing in my application at this point.

Edited by Adelaide9216

37 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

My first respondant sent my LOR for FRQSC but my second hasn't and I wonder how many days before the deadline should I send her a reminder. It's the only thing I am missing in my application at this point.

Are you talking about the masters award? Isn't the deadline Oct. 11? If so, you should remind her asap. Also, she might just see your reminder on Tuesday (i.e., the day before the deadline) as this is a long weekend. 

Edited by PsychBoy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow.

Just got an email from them saying that I am not eligible because I have not reached the A- average for my undergraduate studies. I got upset with them explaining that this summer, I have exchanged more than 10 emails with the person in charge at FRQSC and she assured me that I was eligible after looking at my transcripts and doing the calculation. I applied to FRQSC because of that email conversation I had with her in the last few months. They said they will revise my application. But that doesn't mean that I will get the scholarship. My hypothesis is that I am on the verge of the A- or they have forgotten to calculate the two external courses I have taken during my undergraduate studies, my university doesn't calculate external courses towards my GPA even if each university has produced a transcript for each course that I have taken elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Adelaide9216 said:

wow.

Just got an email from them saying that I am not eligible because I have not reached the A- average for my undergraduate studies. I got upset with them explaining that this summer, I have exchanged more than 10 emails with the person in charge at FRQSC and she assured me that I was eligible after looking at my transcripts and doing the calculation. I applied to FRQSC because of that email conversation I had with her in the last few months. They said they will revise my application. But that doesn't mean that I will get the scholarship. My hypothesis is that I am on the verge of the A- or they have forgotten to calculate the two external courses I have taken during my undergraduate studies, my university doesn't calculate external courses towards my GPA even if each university has produced a transcript for each course that I have taken elsewhere.

OMG I am SO sorry!! I read that with chills in my body! All the hours you spent on the application :( *hug* 

I'm sure I won't be eligible for this scholarship. I hate that this woman, with whom I have speaking with for many months told me I was eligible.

If I'm not, it means, I need to finish my master's thesis asap. :(

Also, do you think not having FRSQC will break my chances for applying for the major doctoral scholarships such as Trudeau and Vanier? 

4 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I'm sure I won't be eligible for this scholarship. I hate that this woman, with whom I have speaking with for many months told me I was eligible.

If I'm not, it means, I need to finish my master's thesis asap. :(

Also, do you think not having FRSQC will break my chances for applying for the major doctoral scholarships such as Trudeau and Vanier? 

I don't think not having FRQSC will break your chances of having another scholarship...This is gonna sound very harsh but if you are not eligible for a FRQSC because of your grades (according to THEM...I am legit just repeating), perhaps it could be the same for a Vanier/Trudeau (which are extremely competitive)? Hopefully I'm wrong!! 

16 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

I don't think not having FRQSC will break your chances of having another scholarship...This is gonna sound very harsh but if you are not eligible for a FRQSC because of your grades (according to THEM...I am legit just repeating), perhaps it could be the same for a Vanier/Trudeau (which are extremely competitive)? Hopefully I'm wrong!! 

I got SSHRC for this academic year. And I have a lot of relevant work and volunteer experience. I also got a lot of smaller scholarships prior to SSHRC. I hope I will make the cut for FRSQC, because my grades are good as a undergrad, but I must be right on the A- in my opinion (and now I'm a master student, I have a perfect average so far).

30 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I got SSHRC for this academic year. And I have a lot of relevant work and volunteer experience. I also got a lot of smaller scholarships prior to SSHRC. I hope I will make the cut for FRSQC, because my grades are good as a undergrad, but I must be right on the A- in my opinion (and now I'm a master student, I have a perfect average so far).

yeah that's super odd...of course you should still apply for Vanier/Trudeau...especially if you have perfect average now...

and yeah SSHRC is more prestigious because it's a federal scholarship but my understanding is that there are more SSHRC than FRQSC so that's probably why 

It's my fault. I just took another look at my files to make sure that I have not made a mistake on my side.

I wrote the wrong GPA in my file for FRQSC, two points under my real GPA (but the right one appears in the PDF of my transcript).

I hope I won't be penalized for this. :( I wrote to them and told them about it.

1 hour ago, Adelaide9216 said:

It's my fault. I just took another look at my files to make sure that I have not made a mistake on my side.

I wrote the wrong GPA in my file for FRQSC, two points under my real GPA (but the right one appears in the PDF of my transcript).

I hope I won't be penalized for this. :( I wrote to them and told them about it.

yeah I was just gonna say write to them and explain the situation...especially because the PDF says the real one

let us know what they say! good luck!

• 2 weeks later...