Post your website or other link to your artwork

michaelwebster

@turnip: Nice work.smile.gif I am also applying to VCU but for film/still film...Have you heard anything? Did you apply to MICA, too?

@cooper: I also do video! Glad to see some of your work...Where did you apply?

@turnip: Nice work.smile.gif I am also applying to VCU but for film/still film...Have you heard anything? Did you apply to MICA, too?

Thanks! I looked at your flickr page and enjoyed your work as well. I'd love to see your videos, perhaps when you're not incognito any more. ;)

I haven't heard from VCU, but I have heard from friends who've applied (and were accepted) in the past that they take a while. So, I don't expect to hear anything until mid to late March. I certainly hope I hear sooner though.

I did not apply to MICA...mostly because I am more interested in a University setting than a private art school (hence not applying to RISD either). My undergrad was at a private art school and I'd like to broaden my horizons. BUT I really wish I would have picked more than 4 schools b/c I am 2 rejections in already. If it comes down to it, I will just work hard this year, re-evaluate my goals and re-apply next. sigh.

thanks, i applied for usc ucla calarts yale nyu cornell columbia and rijkacademie

@Cooper: !!!! Someone from my residency was an AIR at Rijkacademie...Really amazing. They are on a class trip to Egypt right now. How wild is that?~Good luck!

@Turnip: Yeah, I hope VCU doesn't take too long...rolleyes.gifI am waiting as well. Don't feel bad about the rejections. You still have two more to go! and there's always next year,too...

I think when you click on my link, it will say "this is not the page you're looking for" but my image thumbnails are there.. I must've not done the link right.

Anyway, sorry to hear about SAIC, I just got my rejection letter from SAIC too. I'm beginning to wonder if these "top schools" are kind of against realistic work.....Maybe I'm not "Avant-garde" enough...Lol

@alizarin, cal state long beach has a good reputation for their figure painting department, my prof. went there. They have TWO painting departments, figurative painting, and contemporary painting practices. I applied for the contemporary.

I think when you click on my link, it will say "this is not the page you're looking for" but my image thumbnails are there.. I must've not done the link right.

Anyway, sorry to hear about SAIC, I just got my rejection letter from SAIC too. I'm beginning to wonder if these "top schools" are kind of against realistic work.....Maybe I'm not "Avant-garde" enough...Lol

Define "realistic work"

I completed my BA in Architectural Studies in Spring 2008 at the University of Washington (Seattle), and am attending grad school for Industrial Design this fall.

Received an acceptance letter from CCA today, but haven't heard back from RISD or UW (Seattle) yet. I also applied to UBC for Masters of Architecture just in case I changed my mind about Industrial Design (not likely), but haven't heard back from there either.

www.BruntDesigns.com

My website isn't finished yet, so it links you to my Picasa page. The top left folder is the portfolio I used for my applications.

Edited by Brunt

Thanks. Guston's late work has always been a HUGE influence. He changed the face of painting.

I definitely see The Oblongs comparison. I've seen Superjail, but can't remember it that vividly. I love cartoons for adults and cartoonlike paintings. I think the backgrounds on Sponge Bob are gorgeous too.