Fletcher vs. Korbel

csb10

I've been admitted to both Tuft's Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (MALD) and U-Denver's Korbel School of International Studies (MA-Int. Studies) and have no clue how to choose...any help/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I've been admitted to both Tuft's Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (MALD) and U-Denver's Korbel School of International Studies (MA-Int. Studies) and have no clue how to choose...any help/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Personally I would suggest the former. This mainly because of its proximity to other great schools and scholars, not to mention it is continually rising in reputation. Having said that, it would be fun to live in Denver. I guess part of the decision depends on you career goals afterwards.

As someone who spent several years working with the State Department I can tell you that Fletcher has a good reputation. You'll also have the opportunity to attend courses at other neighboring schools, i.e. Harvard.

However, I personally believe DU has a better program, faculty, and course selection. Korbel has been making enormous efforts to increase their visibility as a viable program. Its definitely growing in reputation and I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years it emerges as a top IR professional program. Plus, you can't beat living in D-town!