GRE Scores Overview

European Lumpi

Hey all,

Just been wondering if anybody has ever managed to find/compile a relatively up-to-date overview of GRE scores (cutoffs or median) that are available for various programs. It would be nice if we could crowdsource one otherwise, so that we don't all have to scour the internet for each school individually.

(If I'm missing a very obvious address here, I would very much appreciate if one of you could just point me to it ;))

C'est ca.

Best, Lumpi

Edited by European Lumpi

I haven't been able to find an overview of GRE scores, but these are the median/suggested scores I've been able to find: 

• Berkeley: 161V; 154Q
  • Stanford: 166V; 163Q; 5.5W
  • Wisconsin: above 75th percentile
  • Duke: 162V; 160Q
  • Indiana: above 70th percentile
  • Notre Dame; 160V; 155Q; 5.0W

a surprising amount of schools don't seem to post average scores ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the work guys. We could just use this post to add all the ones we find over time. I also found this from Magoosh, but it seems super unreliable.

I really thought there would be more data available. How do people judge their GRE scores in relation to schools then? Sort of just apply if you think you might be somewhere in the ballpark?

Hey @Blue94,

My sense is that you're on the right track by focusing on your SOP etc. Those scores are unlikely to be below any potential "cut off" from what I hear, so I'd really try and make sure that the rest of your application package is on point.

Just keep in mind that I'm also just an applicant who is giving you this advice, so take it with a grain of salt. The only scenario I can see in which you should retake the test is if your scores are well below those you got in practice sessions and if therefore you're pretty sure you'll be able to increase your scores significantly without putting a lot of prep work into it again.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...