Should I Re-take my GRE?

flamesavour

Hi, 

I want to get into a funded PhD program at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. I have 161 in GRE Quant (163 Verbal, 4.5 AWA). I want to know if I should take the GRE again and get a better quant score, or if this would be enough for me to clear the cut-off. Can anyone tell me?

I have a master's degree from The University of Manchester, UK, with a 2:1 merit (GPA 3.6) and two papers (one published, one communicated) in international journals.

1 hour ago, flamesavour said:

Hi, 

I want to get into a funded PhD program at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. I have 161 in GRE Quant (163 Verbal, 4.5 AWA). I want to know if I should take the GRE again and get a better quant score, or if this would be enough for me to clear the cut-off. Can anyone tell me?

I have a master's degree from The University of Manchester, UK, with a 2:1 merit (GPA 3.6) and two papers (one published, one communicated) in international journals.

What PhD program are you applying to? 

http://lsu.edu/vetmed/dvm_admissions/how_to_apply/gre/index.php

As per the criteria mentioned on LSUs website, your profile seems to fulfil most of the criteria. So you have fair chances of getting into LSU to do your desired course. However, getting a fully funded PhD also depends on your SOP, LOR and other records.

Try to network with the alumni and professors in LSU to get more information. You could connect with them via LInkedIn, Email, Skype or other social media platforms.

Join or create groups like this https://www.facebook.com/groups/UniversityOflouisinIndianStudentsSpringFall2016/?ref=br_rs and talk to fellow aspirants.

Edited by Marathi Siva