Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello fellows,

Does anyone know about bilingual extension program for the master of speech pathology? 

Some school has bilingual extension while the others don't.

I know that in NY one has to have the bilingual license to practice as a bilingual SLP.

However, what if I went to a master program that doesn't offer the bilingual extension, what do I do? Do I get it some other school or I could only do bilingual with the school where I obtain the master of SLP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Columbia Teacher's College has an independent program at their bilingual institute. You don't have to enroll as part of a masters program from what I understand. SO you could do it after you finish your masters.  

You might be able to take online classes on bilingualism. For example, Univ of New Mexico and New Mexico State Univ offer Bilingual Acquisition and Bilingual Assessment online. 

ASHA probably also offers some CEU credits on working with bilingual / multilingual populations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use