University of Maryland

risapiecees

I applied and haven't heard anything yet either. eek!

You may have seen this but I was doing some sleuthing about UMD admits from last year and saw a thread about the Testudo site. You can go to this website: http://www.testudo.umd.edu/apps/gradapp/ . Then hit submit. Then in the second login area, where it says 'Former Student Access' you can type in your social security number under 'SID' (no hyphens or dashes) and your Date of birth (MMDDYY) under 'PIN'. It will bring up your application status. Mine has said "Pending decision" the whole time, but I keep checking it incessantly...

I heard from a contact at UMD-College Park that they were delayed by the epic snow that hit the mid-atlantic, since the university was closed for many days, but that they will be sending notices pretty soon (I assume that means either this week or early next week).

Good luck guys! I hope we all get wonderful news soon!

I applied and haven't heard anything yet either. eek!

You may have seen this but I was doing some sleuthing about UMD admits from last year and saw a thread about the Testudo site. You can go to this website: http://www.testudo.u...u/apps/gradapp/ . Then hit submit. Then in the second login area, where it says 'Former Student Access' you can type in your social security number under 'SID' (no hyphens or dashes) and your Date of birth (MMDDYY) under 'PIN'. It will bring up your application status. Mine has said "Pending decision" the whole time, but I keep checking it incessantly...

Darn... is it a really bad sign if this doesn't work? It keeps telling me its an invalid login

Darn... is it a really bad sign if this doesn't work? It keeps telling me its an invalid login

I had trouble figuring out my NID too. Go back into the ASF and it's written somewhere. Your password for the testudo is your birthday formed like 031785

good luck!

I had trouble figuring out my NID too. Go back into the ASF and it's written somewhere. Your password for the testudo is your birthday formed like 031785

good luck!

Oh I got it, thanks! "Pending decision" as well, although I know its too much of a reach for me anyway, just another site to keep checking wink.gif

Edited by socnerd

I just got in! I heard from a professor earlier today. I am really excited!

Good luck guys. I hope you hear soon.

Congrats monkey!!! Did they give any info on funding? I'm waiting to hear from them as well. I think it's about time!

Thanks! He said I should get funding details through the mail next week.

Nice! I wonder how large their applicant pool was. It's among my top choices as long as the funding package is good. Now if only the rest of us will be so fortunate to hear our fate...one way or another. Were you in contact with this professor prior to your acceptance?

Nice! I wonder how large their applicant pool was. It's among my top choices as long as the funding package is good. Now if only the rest of us will be so fortunate to hear our fate...one way or another. Were you in contact with this professor prior to your acceptance?

I asked. They had over 250 applicants for a smaller cohort than last year's. I had actually been in touch with some of the professors, including this one. It seems that there is another acceptance posted on the results board, so I think that phone notifications are being done this week.

Congrats on the acceptance, Monkeych!

I see that there are a couple of website rejections posted on the results page. Mine still says "pending decision" but I also haven't received any phone calls. Monkeych/anyone else that's been accepted, has your status on the website changed to show your acceptance? Did you get any sense of a timeline for how long they will be calling admits?

Edited by risapiecees

Congrats on the acceptance, Monkeych!

I see that there are a couple of website rejections posted on the results page. Mine still says "status complete," but I also haven't received any phone calls. Monkeych/anyone else that's been accepted, has your status on the website changed to show your acceptance? Did you get any sense of a timeline for how long they will be calling admits?

Thanks risapiecees! My status has not been updated either. Sorry, no idea about timeline...

I hope you guys hear soon. I know the uncertainty is stressful once others start getting notices...

Thanks risapiecees! My status has not been updated either. Sorry, no idea about timeline...

I hope you guys hear soon. I know the uncertainty is stressful once others start getting notices...

No dice, got a solid rejection. Congrats those who got in...it was a tough one. I'm a little bitter because I'm a veteran and the opportunities Maryland offers in military sociology are amazing. Best of luck to you guys!

I can't seem to log in to the Testudo site - I'm using my UID from the ASF and my six digit birth day, but I keep getting 'invalid login.' I applied for the MPP - is anyone else having this problem?

The helpdesk hasn't been able to solve this yet, and I'm pretty eager to monitor the status.

• 1 month later...

Hi, everyone. Good news for those who have been waitlisted at Maryland: I've declined my offer.

I visited Maryland recently. The students seemed happy and enthusiastic, and the faculty seemed approachable and supportive. They are also making the curriculum more flexible. For instance, you can tailer your second specialty exam to your interests. All in all, Maryland seemed like a good place to go to school. I hope that you're next in line! Good luck!