Who uses this forum (Part I)?

wooldogg

Who uses this forum (Part I)?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How many programs did you apply to? (Let

I originally intended to apply to 7 programs and even had my applications complete for 6 of the 7 when, in early December, I gained admittance into my top choice. I had secured enough funding to pay not only my tuition but also my expenses for two years and reasoned that I would be better off saving the application fees that would go to the other two programs (I had already submitted 4 applications). A pity I spent so much time working on the applications only to not submit them, but I would not have attended even had I gained admittance (these last two were near the bottom of my list, albeit not by much).

By way of anecdote: one of my undergrad advisers applied to 18 programs plus various outside fellowships when he applied to grad school. Crazy.

Edited by broadinterests

I applied to three, but between that and holding down a 70-hour-a-week job I felt like I did more than enough. Plus there's all the work for applying for in-school scholarships, which often require separate essays or full applications... I'm sincerely exhausted at the mere idea of admissions at this point.

Then again, maybe I just work too much... nah, that can't be it :rolleyes:

I have nothing but respect for those of you who are so dedicated you can face this for more than just a few schools!

I planned to apply to four in two cities, then dropped the one in Chicago and focused on the three in NYC. Dropped one of the three after visiting, leaving me with two. I dont have time interest or funds to apply to more programs and pretty much have my heart set on NYC anyway.