Happy New Year

UndraftedFreeAgent

Well as the sun has just set on the first day of 2008 (oh the perks of being in the southern hemisphere...) happy new year and best of luck to all applicants. We are not allowed to get truly paranoid about empty mail boxes until April...right? Bring it on. Let the waiting begin.

Who cares about the mailbox? I got my first two acceptances last time via the online system and email. The mailbox only brought me assistantship info and rejections. So personally, I'm not stalking the mailbox. I'm stalking those application status sites.

Two years ago, I got most of my acceptances by snailmail, and about half of my rejections from checking the status sites. Either way, I don't care how they arrive this year - I want lots of acceptances to PhD programs, even if they're sent via signal fire! =)

As long as they are acceptance letters, they can tattoo the damned things on my back, for all I care. =)

BTW, it's already frustrating to see all of the science and insurance/risk management people posting their acceptances and interview invitations on the results wall. An early acceptance would do a lot to ease my anxiety about this. Even so, the first week of February is the earliest that would happen, so there's at least another month before I start hearing, either way.

I'm glad this will be my final application process (excluding grants and post-doc) until I hit the job market. I don't think my system could take much more of this! haha

I'm not even checking that results page. I know nothing is out yet in my field and won't be until the first week of Feb, at the earliest. What's really nerve-racking is knowing that the faculty in my dept will meet next month to decide if they should let me stay and, if so, if they should give me money...

P.S. I'm not interested in the acceptance letter tattoo. The TT job offer tattoo maybe but not PhD acceptance.

Yea for some reason (I'm on Christmas break from undergrad still), I keep wanting to check the mail, even though I know that I won't see anything until Feb at the earliest, and almost half of my decisions will be sent via e-mail anyway, not usps...haha damn this process

And where you are ending it, Minnesotan, I am just beginning, haha.

Luckily my significant other is doing her phd apps at the same time as me, so she understands my temporary OCD. In fact, she really hates me at the moment, because I've been done for a month, and she's still got a few apps to go. Neener, neener!