Canadian Universities MSW . The waiting game 2018 admissions

MSW-MD

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone :) first time poster, here. i made it through admissions without creating an account but wanted to share my experience while waiting it out.

i've applied to the two year msw programs at mcgill and ubc-o. i completed a BA (psychology major, gsws minor) in 2016 with a  cgpa  3.95 (so close to a 4.0 :angry:). i have experience working in community services, mental health settings, and counselling programs with youth, families and adults. i feel very confident in my SoP for mcgill but am not in love with my SoP for ubc-o as i found the format challenging.

on jan. 19th, i received an email from ubc-o saying that my application is "under review". no updates from mcgill, yet. just waiting it out :D good luck, everyone. i hope that we can be here to support one another during this anxiety-provoking time. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:45 AM, sleepysocialworker said:

hi everyone :) first time poster, here. i made it through admissions without creating an account but wanted to share my experience while waiting it out.

i've applied to the two year msw programs at mcgill and ubc-o. i completed a BA (psychology major, gsws minor) in 2016 with a  cgpa  3.95 (so close to a 4.0 :angry:). i have experience working in community services, mental health settings, and counselling programs with youth, families and adults. i feel very confident in my SoP for mcgill but am not in love with my SoP for ubc-o as i found the format challenging.

on jan. 19th, i received an email from ubc-o saying that my application is "under review". no updates from mcgill, yet. just waiting it out :D good luck, everyone. i hope that we can be here to support one another during this anxiety-provoking time. 

Good Luck!  I am sure you will get into the program!!  With 3.95 GPA , you probably can get into any medical school or law school in Ontario. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I’ve never posted on here but I am stressing just as much as everyone and glad there’s a community to share that in!! I applied to Waterloo’s 1-year and Lauriers 1-year advanced standing program as I finish up my BSW at York. I’m applying straight out of school so I am quite young compared to some but I am hoping I have done enough to qualify as at least kind of competitive. Has anyone heard from either of these schools?! If not I’d like to be here and just stay in the loop! 

Hi all! I applied for the Sept 2018 msw program at the university of Calgary! The 1 year program with a clinical specialization. So incredibly nervous because this is the only school I applied for. Eeeek. I'm getting anxious early but I wish I knew when people usually get rejection letters lol

On 2018-02-06 at 8:55 AM, julsmsw said:

Hi everyone! I’ve never posted on here but I am stressing just as much as everyone and glad there’s a community to share that in!! I applied to Waterloo’s 1-year and Lauriers 1-year advanced standing program as I finish up my BSW at York. I’m applying straight out of school so I am quite young compared to some but I am hoping I have done enough to qualify as at least kind of competitive. Has anyone heard from either of these schools?! If not I’d like to be here and just stay in the loop! 

Hey julsmsw! We have a lot more activity over in this thread: 

Come say hi! As far as it goes, I don't think anyone has heard anything other than UBC-O. Hopefully we all start to hear soon, and good luck!

Hi everyone,

I have applied to Laurier's advanced standing both the Indigenous stream and course work. I have also applied to U of T's advanced standing. Has anyone heard anything yet? I know it is early but U of T usually starts sending out acceptances mid-February. Advanced standing usually gets their acceptances first. 

On 2/11/2018 at 7:38 PM, Jessabee7 said:

Hi everyone,

I have applied to Laurier's advanced standing both the Indigenous stream and course work. I have also applied to U of T's advanced standing. Has anyone heard anything yet? I know it is early but U of T usually starts sending out acceptances mid-February. Advanced standing usually gets their acceptances first. 

Haven't heard anything yet from U of T. Crossing my fingers and toes! Best of luck :)  Anybody know how many U of T accepts to each stream?