Who Should I Ask for my LORs From?

Omarr

So I'm applying to Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering Master's Programs for Fall 2018. MY question is about letters of recommendation. Most of my applications ask for 3 LORs. 

Should I get all 3 of my letters from professors or would it be better to get one of the three letters from an engineer that supervised me at one of my internships?

If it helps, I was a mechanical engineering major and the internship was at an automotive plant. My top school, Northeastern, seems to be concentrated on giving grads co-op experience. So I was thinking to replace Professor 3 with my internship supervisor. Let me know what you guys think!

LOR candidates:

Professor 1: My research mentor for my conference paper

Professor 2: Head of ME department; Professor of my research seminar; Head of one of the engineering clubs I was in

Professor 3: The professor that I was a Teacher's Assistant for (1 year)

Engineer: One of my supervisors during my automotive plant internship

• 3 weeks later...

I'm applying for Political Science Ph.D programs and most of the schools explicitly state that they want recommendations from those who can speak to your academic potential or intellectual capabilities i.e. a professor.  This may be different for Engineering/Master's programs, so my first bit of advice would be to check how explicit the requirements are.  If your internship supervisor is an option, I suggest using him and maybe reinforcing the value of the experience in your personal statement.

Just my two cents.  This is a new process for me as well.  Good luck!