Current Iliff/DU Grad Students on Here?

xypathos

I've since spoken with two faculty members and a recent alum of the PhD program. So, while certainly not exhaustive, I can answer some questions. I spoke with theology professors and the alum I spoke with was in the same area, so any questions you have about HB specifically, not sure what I can address.

While the listing of departments and faculty strengths can be a bit misleading on the website, a more proper structure would be:

1. Biblical Interpretation (BI)
    1. HB
    2. Early Christian/NT
  2. Religion and Psychological Studies (RPS)
    1. Religion and Behavioral Sciences
    2. Pastoral Theology and Care
  3. Religion and Social Change (RSC)
  4. Theology, Philosophy, and Cultural Theory (TPCT)

This information and more can be found on (http://portfolio.du.edu/jointphd)

Each department (BI, RPS, RSC, TPCT) gets two students they admit each Fall. It's not a hard and fast rule but its been the standard for years.

PhD Students can usually get a 100% tuition waiver but livable stipends have been trickier. The website says students can't serve in a GTA position until Y2 but I've had some students tell me that that isn't an enforced rule, though the pay is only $2000 per position, per quarter so work>reward. I know Denver loosely, having visited and vacationed quite a few times, and M* alums of Iliff - part-time jobs in Denver are available and if you'd be looking for a PT ministry job, Iliff students fair well.

There's no screening cutoff in regards to GRE but anything (in verbal) at 75% or higher is considered competitive. Looking at ETS' site, 75% would approx. a V score of about 157. Math is, almost universally, ignored unless a student is being considered for some kind of fellowship and even then scores of 150 tend to meet qualifications. Writing is of course important.

I'm not sure what questions you, or anyone else, my have but if I can't answer them then I Mary or Annette at DU/Iliff certainly could.

• 4 weeks later...