I just recently graduated this past spring with a degree in Film & Media Studies (with a focus on journalism). Because my major was an interdisciplinary program and because I went to a liberal arts university, I was able to take classes in different departments and connect patterns among various ideas. I took many Sociology classes, which I not only did well in, but also loved. However, over time I have realized that the Anthropology perspective is more suitable for me. Additionally, I have much extracurricular experience in the world of journalism, and I’ve found that long-form journalism has ethnographic elements.

I hope to pursue graduate school in Anthropology (perhaps Sociocultural or Applied) as I feel it will give me the proper foundation in order to understand other cultures, and provide me with the skills to be a deeper critical thinker, better writer on culture, and more. I am also interested in potentially pursuing either a career in international reporting or user research, which I feel a Master’s in Anthro will help me succeed in (I'm not interested in a PhD program at this time). I hope to enroll in a grad program that is a combination of practice and theory, and I am interested in doing fieldwork.

Do you have any advice for me? What programs should I look into?