New NDSEG website not secure?

timedilation

14 minutes ago, campuscat said:

Same... @KaffeeCafe did you end up just leaving it blank or adding your current grad institution?

Not KaffeeCafe, but mine only had my name and major field, so I checked yes and just added the other fields. I am almost positive I put this information down in my original application though, especially my current institution.

Did anyone else not receive the email about updated education information? I've had to ask them to resend each of the past emails, so I suspect that the same thing happened this time, but the lady answering the phone at STI-Tec is super unhelpful.

1 hour ago, easytiger said:

Did anyone else not receive the email about updated education information? I've had to ask them to resend each of the past emails, so I suspect that the same thing happened this time, but the lady answering the phone at STI-Tec is super unhelpful.

@easytigerI also did not receive the updated education info email.

So I got denied outright from NDSEG but does anyone know if they give you reviewer comments from when it went through the initial panel? I’d like to know what they thought and how I can improve for next years application.

3 hours ago, Behavecol said:

So I got denied outright from NDSEG but does anyone know if they give you reviewer comments from when it went through the initial panel? I’d like to know what they thought and how I can improve for next years application.

They do not, it's just a general application update email.

16 minutes ago, Behavecol said:

That’s unfortunate...?

To be fair, the application materials have been different until this current year. Previous years required a very small, one page personal statement. Its possible they provide some feedback later, but don't get your hopes up. It cant hurt to email STI. 

1 hour ago, GoldenDog said:

It cant hurt to email STI. 

I’ll do that on Monday! My advisor had asked about looking at the reviewers comments so I’ll let him know what’s going on after I email STI.

16 hours ago, Behavecol said:

I’ll do that on Monday! My advisor had asked about looking at the reviewers comments so I’ll let him know what’s going on after I email STI.

I wish they were more responsive generally. They probably won't actually give you much info. As another student, I'm happy to look at your app if you are planning on applying again next year. 

I called yesterday after I saw the March 16th announcement and saw nothing in my spam or junk folders. They said they were gonna finish all of the emails next week. So i'll just sit here anxiously waiting to see if I moved on or not. My advisor said no news is sometimes good news! 

12 minutes ago, Phancy_Physicist said:

I called yesterday after I saw the March 16th announcement and saw nothing in my spam or junk folders. They said they were gonna finish all of the emails next week. So i'll just sit here anxiously waiting to see if I moved on or not. My advisor said no news is sometimes good news! 

They seem kind of disorganized lol. If the final panel review ended yesterday, surely they must already have two lists of applicants corresponding to who moved on and who didn't, and it should just be a matter of emailing those lists all at once...

Has anyone else received the January email, but neither the March DoD panel update around 3/16 nor the education information email this week? I checked my spam folders diligently, and I’ve called and emailed multiple times. The STI-NDSEG team has been so unhelpful and said they would get back to me, but I haven’t heard anything. Basically I’m just concerned that something was wrong with my application and I won’t ever hear from them with my result....any thoughts/info on this?

1 hour ago, runrabbit said:

Has anyone else received the January email, but neither the March DoD panel update around 3/16 nor the education information email this week? I checked my spam folders diligently, and I’ve called and emailed multiple times. The STI-NDSEG team has been so unhelpful and said they would get back to me, but I haven’t heard anything. Basically I’m just concerned that something was wrong with my application and I won’t ever hear from them with my result....any thoughts/info on this?

Hi, I got the January email, but nothing in March, so you aren't the only one in that boat. When I called they said they are still sending out notifications. I'm gonna look at it as a positive, maybe we're awardees? We wait with baited breathe till this coming week...

I received the January email, but nothing in March as well. I tried emailing them, but have received no reply. I think perhaps that I messed up my application somehow and it was thrown out.

59 minutes ago, EliosHarg said:

I received the January email, but nothing in March as well. I tried emailing them, but have received no reply. I think perhaps that I messed up my application somehow and it was thrown out.

When did you email? I had emailed on March 17th for the same reason, and heard back on the 19th. 

43 minutes ago, GoldenDog said:

Lol, as previously mentioned, NDSEG said DOD would get back to them on March 31. I called and mentioned this, and on the phone they said "within the next two weeks, announcements should be made."

Last year, the announcements were made on April 11... I REALLY hope they come sooner this year!

28 minutes ago, runrabbit said:

Last year, the announcements were made on April 11... I REALLY hope they come sooner this year!

As stated earlier, DOD was supposed to give them results by March 31 this year, but I'm unsure when the same time was last year.