Columbia?

BluRoze

I called Columbia yesterday morning and the lady I spoke with (presumably a secretary, I didn't get her name) told me that the decisions had just been finalized this week and that notifications will be made within the next two weeks. I just wanted her to tell me straight that I didn't get accepted so that I can move on with my life! But of course I didn't have the guts to ask her.

I called Columbia yesterday morning and the lady I spoke with (presumably a secretary, I didn't get her name) told me that the decisions had just been finalized this week and that notifications will be made within the next two weeks. I just wanted her to tell me straight that I didn't get accepted so that I can move on with my life! But of course I didn't have the guts to ask her.

Confusing. I thought the deal was meant to be that those who had been accepted had already been informally contacted. I had already kissed any hope of Columbia good-bye. Does this mean that there is a glimmer on the horizon?

Confusing. I thought the deal was meant to be that those who had been accepted had already been informally contacted. I had already kissed any hope of Columbia good-bye. Does this mean that there is a glimmer on the horizon?

This is my story, which reinforces your perception (sorry):

last week I emailed them, and I got a very gentle reply saying that those admitted had been notified the week before, and that I was not one of them.

But I think they meant it as a joke, and I am sure a real acceptance offer is going to come out of an easter egg.... Hope we all get one! :P

I e-mailed the dept a few days ago to ask about my status (basically, asking for a rejection so I can move on), but still no reply. C'mon, Columbia, put me out of my misery!

I just saw that someone posted a Cultural Anthro PhD rejection (via email) on the Results page. Can anyone confirm??

blarrrghhh

yes, it was me. I emailed the director of graduate studies and she told me that I did not make it. she did not mention the status of anyone else or if all the accepted candidated had already been contacted....

I just saw that someone posted a Cultural Anthro PhD rejection (via email) on the Results page. Can anyone confirm??

blarrrghhh

yes, it was me. I emailed the director of graduate studies and she told me that I did not make it. she did not mention the status of anyone else or if all the accepted candidated had already been contacted....

has everyone been notified by Columbia? I am feeling annoyed at it being after 5 in NY on a Friday and no word for me. I know it will be a rejection, but I just want closure! anyone else still waiting?

I'm still waiting on the notification e-mail too. Did everyone who was in this round of phd rejections get an offer to enter the masters program?

Edited by ammonite

I'm still waiting on the notification e-mail too. Did everyone who was in this round of phd rejections get an offer to enter the masters program?

not me.... maybe because i'm an intl student..or because i already got a masters or because they know i could not ask for a loan or...

not me.... maybe because i'm an intl student..or because i already got a masters or because they know i could not ask for a loan or...

I FINALLY got my rejection from Columbia on Friday afternoon (yesterday)! I had called and e-mailed the department multiple times, just asking them to turn me down. I'm glad that I have closure! As soon as I got the Columbia e-mail, I sent the e-mail that I'd had drafted for over 2 weeks to accept my offer at University of Virginia. And then I went out to a nice bar and had a glass of Columbia Crest Riesling. It feels good to be moving on...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I have -yet- to hear from Columbia! I emailed them last week and I got the “we’ll get to you in two to three weeks” response. WTF? I see here that a few people have been notified already. So I figure I’m rejected…so why not just tell me already? Oy.

Wow, I have -yet- to hear from Columbia! I emailed them last week and I got the “we’ll get to you in two to three weeks” response. WTF? I see here that a few people have been notified already. So I figure I’m rejected…so why not just tell me already? Oy.

I still haven't heard either! And I have had no luck getting in touch with anyone. Did the timeline they give you even involve being notified before April 15? This is ridiculous. Anyone else have any information or commiseration?

I still haven't heard either! And I have had no luck getting in touch with anyone. Did the timeline they give you even involve being notified before April 15? This is ridiculous. Anyone else have any information or commiseration?

This is what they sent to me on May 30th.

"The department is still reviewing applications.

You should expect to receive email notification of their decision within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thank you."

Very informative hu? April 15th is coming up, I wonder if we'll all get emails on April 14th :rolleyes: