Library Science Applications Fall 2018

lemur1993

17 hours ago, Keyjennic said:

I have been swamped at work today. My director is heading out of town the rest of the week and I've been taking care of things. It might have to wait until tomorrow.

Good luck! Hopefully work is less swamped today.

19 hours ago, Keyjennic said:

I have been swamped at work today. My director is heading out of town the rest of the week and I've been taking care of things. It might have to wait until tomorrow.

They’re not even making decisions this week. I regret not applying to Syracuse before the merit aid deadline now. 

58 minutes ago, catsbloom said:

They’re not even making decisions this week. I regret not applying to Syracuse before the merit aid deadline now. 

Well, now. I am just beyond words. 

12 minutes ago, Keyjennic said:

Well, now. I am just beyond words. 

This honestly has lowered my opinion of the program. It comes across as disrespectful since April 15th is well-established in the higher ed world as decision day. To not even make admissions decisions until after the deadline shows that the program does not respect applicants' time. What if you're choosing between multiple offers? 

Edited by catsbloom

Wow, that's really lousy. I'm glad I didn't apply to any other programs or I'd be super angry. They could have at least sent out an automated email stating the delay :(

15 hours ago, lemur1993 said:

They have been very communicative with me but I was accepted a few weeks ago. It sucks that they are taking so much time to get back to y'all.

Well, this has bummed me out (Congratulations! ). I submitted my application before the March 1st deadline for priority consideration and haven't heard back. I guess I will just wait and see.

Edited by Keyjennic

33 minutes ago, Keyjennic said:

Well, this has bummed me out (Congratulations! ). I submitted my application before the March 1st deadline for priority consideration and haven't heard back. I guess I will just wait and see.

I applied before the priority deadline as well. I indicated that I'd like to be considered for department funding opportunities on the online funding application form and I made an effort to have everything submitted before the March 1st deadline specifically so I would be considered for funding. I initially assumed that we would have heard before April 15th if they were offering funding. I had no clue that they were waiting until April 1 to even review our applications. I guess they don't really value the distance program as much. Unfortunately, that's my perception of things now. If the department were concerned about attracting the best applicants then they would have had their decisions made before April 15. Honestly, I wish the department had been more transparent about their general timeline. It's annoying that registration is open and classes are filling up, and we haven't even been officially accepted or rejected yet. 

Edited by catsbloom
typo

14 hours ago, lemur1993 said:

Doesn't the online cohort start Spring 2019? 

Oh, I don't know. I signed up to start Fall 2018.

I'm hoping this week. But my old director said she wasn't notified until June after applying for online. It would be nice to have more communication.

14 hours ago, lemur1993 said:

Doesn't the online cohort start Spring 2019? 

No, it’s supposed to be a Fall 2018 start. People in the program are supposed to attend an orientation on campus in mid-August. You’re probably thinking of the hybrid program. 

Edited by catsbloom

1 hour ago, catsbloom said:

No, it’s supposed to be a Fall 2018 start. People in the program are supposed to attend an orientation on campus in mid-August. You’re probably thinking of the hybrid program. 

Oh okay, I thought that might be the reason for the delay. 

2 hours ago, Keyjennic said:

Oh, I don't know. I signed up to start Fall 2018.

I'm hoping this week. But my old director said she wasn't notified until June after applying for online. It would be nice to have more communication.

Was that for the Alabama program?

1 hour ago, catsbloom said:

@iCats @Keyjennic - It looks like we're getting closer. My online portal shows that my application was reviewed by the department. No decision yet!

Awesome! I told myself I wouldn't bother checking my status again today, but i think you've changed my mind lol

23 minutes ago, Keyjennic said:

They would have changed it on a Friday. :D Now we have to wait out the weekend...or longer.

I wonder if they're mailing decisions. I would have assumed that the online system would have sent out the decision letter yesterday if it were digital. Hopefully we get something on Monday!

2 hours ago, catsbloom said:

I wonder if they're mailing decisions. I would have assumed that the online system would have sent out the decision letter yesterday if it were digital. Hopefully we get something on Monday!

My decision was sent in an e-mail and through the mail. I got the e-mail about a week before the mail letter.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:06 AM, Keyjennic said:

They would have changed it on a Friday. :D Now we have to wait out the weekend...or longer.

I contacted the program today. We will not receive our letters today, but it sounds like emails and official acceptance letters will be sent out this week. 

4 hours ago, catsbloom said:

I contacted the program today. We will not receive our letters today, but it sounds like emails and official acceptance letters will be sent out this week. 

I got my acceptance email like less then an hour ago. I hope you get yours soon

27 minutes ago, Keyjennic said:

I got my acceptance email like less then an hour ago. I hope you get yours soon

Congrats! I just received my notice of acceptance! The email said that I will receive a formal acceptance letter soon. 

Hey all, 

I just signed up for my Information and Library Science classes at SUNY Buffalo (online) and I'm very excited.   Starting in Fall 2018.  

After months of waiting for late acceptance letters and struggling with the final decision, I chose SUNY Buffalo over Queens College, SUNY Albany, and LIU.