Discussing Thesis in your SOP

Yep

Hello everyone, 

I am applying to Clinical & counseling programs and currently working out the kinks in my Statement of Purpose. Here is what I got so far:

"Upon graduating from my bachelors at ###, I chose to further my development in research and statistics at #### program. There, I produced a thesis proposal......"

and that is as far as I got lol. Helpful tips or examples would be so appreciated. I keep running into mental road blocks when I attempt to write my SOP

Well first off, you can get rid of half of the words in your sentence without loss of content. "After graduating with my BA from XYZ, I enrolled in a Masters? program at the University of ABC. <Sentence about what you learned; "further my development in research and statistics" is incredibly vague; be specific!>. My (currently in progress) thesis proposes to study <question>. By <doing things>, I plan to <find out stuff>. This will teach us <interesting things that are important, and here's why>. <Something about methodology, advising, timeline, etc. Be specific, give details where you can>. This background has prepared me to pursue a graduate education concentrating on <relevant things> at <your institution>, etc etc" 

16 hours ago, fuzzylogician said:

Well first off, you can get rid of half of the words in your sentence without loss of content. "After graduating with my BA from XYZ, I enrolled in a Masters? program at the University of ABC. <Sentence about what you learned; "further my development in research and statistics" is incredibly vague; be specific!>. My (currently in progress) thesis proposes to study <question>. By <doing things>, I plan to <find out stuff>. This will teach us <interesting things that are important, and here's why>. <Something about methodology, advising, timeline, etc. Be specific, give details where you can>. This background has prepared me to pursue a graduate education concentrating on <relevant things> at <your institution>, etc etc" 

wow thats great. That will forsure help me. Thank you for your time.