To whom should I ask for LOR??

dis13

Hi, I am planning to apply to a MSc course for 2018 in the UK.

I need 2 academic referees and I don't know who to contact for the 2nd letter.

My counseling professor agreed to write the 1st letter and I am deciding upon 2 other professors for the 2nd one.

1. A professor who is very fluent in English (he is American and I go to uni in South Korea) with alot of experience writing recommendations.

However I heard all his letters have similar context so if I apply to the same department a former graduate have applied to with his letter, the admission office will probably read the same thing with a different name.

2. A Korean professor whom I took all her classes throughout uni. 

She knows me well but her field of study is unrelated with the department I am applying for and she is not a fluent English speaker.

I respect both professors but I can't decide who to email.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

My hunch is that the latter would be better. If she knows you well, and can write in detail about your work and aptitude, this seems more powerful than a stock letter that they may have read before. How well does the first prof know you?

(Also, keep in mind that I am a 2nd year PhD student, so I may not know what I am talking about.)