website notification

scpy2010

I keep seeing things on the "Search Results" section about a person's status being changed on the website. What is this, and how do you check it? I have gone back to the websites for the programs I applied to and logged in but all it tells me is "confirmed" (letting me know the graduate office received it). If anybody has any clue how to do this I would really appreciate it!

Some schools have a detailed online status checker, others just say "application preference", some don't say anything. But unless you're told to go, I wouldn't bother since I got a letter in the mail today and my status online is the same, with no preference given.

It depends on the schools, but some online applications have a space for the decision which may or may not appear as an option before the school actually posts their decision. Usually, if a school uses website notification, they will send an email letting you know decisions are available. Although, I have heard of cases where the decision is posted with no notification from the school, but I don't think it's usual.

Thanks for the info - I am guessing that these schools do NOT offer this option as I have scoured the websites and can't find any indication that they do... =/

Where did you apply? I am also applying for School Psych so we may be applying to the same schools and I can let you know if any of them have the online status checker :)