Teachers College Arthur Zankel Urban Fellowship

Angelicasassy

I also received it.

But I'm an international student; according to the website I'm not eligible to apply.

So I haven't applied yet. I need to figure out if I really can with the invite.

I also received it.

But I'm an international student; according to the website I'm not eligible to apply.

So I haven't applied yet. I need to figure out if I really can with the invite.

I wish they would tell us our application status before making us apply for scholarships and fellowships. It only gets your hopes up! lol

Have you heard anything from them as yet?

I wish they would tell us our application status before making us apply for scholarships and fellowships. It only gets your hopes up! lol

I agree with you! When I saw the email I was very close to believing that this is the prelude of admission.. haha

But then I decided not to get hopes high just yet.

And no, this fellowship email is the first time I heard from TC after the 'your application has been successfully submitted' email notice...

I agree with you! When I saw the email I was very close to believing that this is the prelude of admission.. haha

But then I decided not to get hopes high just yet.

And no, this fellowship email is the first time I heard from TC after the 'your application has been successfully submitted' email notice...

I happened to check the application website today and a new Application Status/Notification link had appeared. I didn't get an e-mail about it either, so you might want to take a look there if you haven't done so in a few days (or one, as the case may be).

I happened to check the application website today and a new Application Status/Notification link had appeared. I didn't get an e-mail about it either, so you might want to take a look there if you haven't done so in a few days (or one, as the case may be).

I saw someone say that in the results page and checked, but nothing has changed. Arrghhhh. I am dying here. I just want to know. Even if it is a rejection. I just need to know. This is killing me.

Ok, sorry. My rant is over.

TC decisions are up on the application website as of 22/02/2010. I'm in!

Good luck to all.

Congrats!!

Mind if I ask, did you apply for masters or doctoral program?

I applied for a doctoral program but the result has not yet been released. My status on the application website is still 'submitted.'

But angelicasassy and I both received an invitation email for a fellowship application... hope that's a good sign?

I applied to the Teaching of English MA for Professional Certification.

I can't tell whether or not everyone go the Zankel Fellowship invitation. If you click on the link, it says that one of the conditions is being a "admitted or matriculated" student, so it would be a pretty big oversight if they just sent it to everyone - right?

TC decisions are up on the application website as of 22/02/2010. I'm in!

Good luck to all.

Congrats!

Where....specifically....where was your decision posted?

Also, for what program?

Thanks

p.s. I also received the Zankel e-mail...

Edited by BlessedMe

This also makes me little angry because I am really busy for the next two weeks at work and now I have to sit and pour over this Fellowship application without even the slightest hint that it actually means something. Oh and I only have 5 DAYS! If this is generic why wouldn't they automatically give it to you after you submit your application so that you have time to work on it and give it actual thought. But alas I am still thankful that it isn't a rejection letter.

I'm not sure about an early notification deadline. I got my app in a couple of days before it was due in early January.

To find the decision, I went to the same website where I filled out my application, entered the Pin and password and a new link had turned up that said my "Decision" was available online as of 22/02/10. Clicked on the link and it brough to an acceptance letter from the program director.

We'll see about Zankel - does anyone know how many fellowships they give out?

I also received the email about the Zankel Fellowship.

It was driving me crazy so I decided just to call and ask the Financial Aid office whether or not this meant anything. They told me it is a mass e-mail :(

Let's hope that they are lying in a good way (wishful thinking). I was hoping it meant that I was accepted, I mean why else would they ask me to apply if I'm not even accepted into the school yet? Oh well.

marblestatus and dfree--

did you make the 'early notification deadline' for your programs? i missed it by just a few days but am hoping i don't have to wait until may...

I submitted my application on the 13th of January. I actually don't remember what the deadline was. Maybe the 15th?

Was anyone else unable to upload their resume onto the online Zankel App? I clicked on "submit your resume" and it just took me to a button that said "submit3" without any way to actually upload the document. I've emailed them, but thought I'd inquire with everyone else.

don't want to miss the deadline!

Was anyone else unable to upload their resume onto the online Zankel App? I clicked on "submit your resume" and it just took me to a button that said "submit3" without any way to actually upload the document. I've emailed them, but thought I'd inquire with everyone else.

don't want to miss the deadline!

Same problem here, and I also emailed them. Which means they probably have MANY emails headed their way. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Just curious how many of you applied for the fellowship without knowing the admission status??

(I'm still hoping the email, although sent as mass, was not sent as random)

I didn't apply.. well actually I can't, being an international student.

I couldn't upload the Resume in internet explorer, but once I switched to Firefox it allowed me to. Probably just a glitchy thing.

Firefox is a better browser anyway.

Weird, mine didn't work in Firefox, and it was in .pdf format...guess we'll see what happens.

Just curious how many of you applied for the fellowship without knowing the admission status??

I wasn't going to apply because it was a mass email but decided I had nothing to lose. I really really want to know something from someone, well I want to know everything from everyone right now; so I just know. lol.

I applied without knowing...I really felt like I didn't have enough time to develop my statement, but oh well. I have bigger things to worry about...like if I actually got accepted.