Indiana U-Bloomington

To the IU admit--

Did they mention how many they are taking this year? I really liked their program in 19th century.

Well, I'm not expecting an acceptance, but I pulled my phone out of my purse just in case. Ring, little phone. Ring.

Hey, guys. I'm the one who put the acceptance up on the board. You definitely shouldn't despair because I got the impression that I was being called before others because I was awarded a university-wide fellowship. I wasn't told anything about the statistics of the entering class, only that because of my interest in early 20th-century American, I would be a great fit for the program. As most know, IU is known for it's strength in 19th-century British but they're trying to make a name for themselves in other fields as well, 20th-century American being one of them. Good luck to you all!

If anyone is interested, I'm interested in a hybrid of critical race theory and queer theory with a focus on representations of what I'll call "African-American bisexuality" in the early 20th-century.

Edited by diehtc0ke

Hey, guys. I'm the one who put the acceptance up on the board. You definitely shouldn't despair because I got the impression that I was being called before others because I received a university-wide fellowship. I wasn't told anything about the statistics of the entering class, only that because of my interest in early 20th-century American, I would be a great fit for the program. As most know, IU is known for it's strength in 19th-century British but they're trying to make a name for themselves in other fields as well, 20th-century American being one of them. Good luck to you all!

If anyone is interested, I'm interested in a hybrid of critical race theory and queer theory with a focus on representations of what I'll call "African-American bisexuality" in the early 20th-century.

Thank you so much for posting, and congratulations! Your research sounds very interesting (and totally different from my own interests).

Hey, guys. I'm the one who put the acceptance up on the board. You definitely shouldn't despair because I got the impression that I was being called before others because I was awarded a university-wide fellowship. I wasn't told anything about the statistics of the entering class, only that because of my interest in early 20th-century American, I would be a great fit for the program. As most know, IU is known for it's strength in 19th-century British but they're trying to make a name for themselves in other fields as well, 20th-century American being one of them. Good luck to you all!

Congrats! And thanks for the info!

To those accepted (and interested in 19th-century Brit lit), you'll love Ivan Kreilkamp! (I got my English BA from IU.) He's the best. For a big birthday party I was having, I tried to send out an invite to some classmates, and accidentally included him on the email list. Oh lord, the email advertised the keg and all. So embarrassing. He thought it was pretty funny.