Calling All SLP's!

Any future speech and lang pathologists out there? What schools have you heard from? What schools are you still waiting to hear from?

I've applied to:

Northwestern University

Rush University

Northern Illinois University

Still waiting to hear from all of them...

Good luck to everyone! B)

I'm looking to ultimately do SLP research, so I applied to both PhD and masters programs:

Interview: Northwestern (PhD)

Rejected: Harvard-MIT (PhD)

Waiting: UCSD-SDSU (PhD), Boston University (MS/PhD), Teachers College (MS), NYU (MS), Temple (MA)

Hi everyone!

I applied to:

Emerson College

Northeastern University

Boston University

Massachusetts General Hospital Institutes for Health Professions

I got into Northeastern yesterday and rejected from Mass General today!

Good Luck!

Correction/Update:

Interview: Northwestern (PhD), NYU (MS)

Rejected: Harvard-MIT (PhD)

Waiting: UCSD-SDSU (PhD), Boston University (MS/PhD), Teachers College (MS), Temple (MA)

Yay!

Edited by remixed486

I applied to MGH Institute of Health Professions and Emerson.

Heard from MGH today--I'm in! and am still waiting to hear about Emerson. I'm about 95% certain I'm going to MGH, just waiting to see if Emerson a) accepts me and b ) makes me a compelling offer.

Edited by bookworm

remixed486, I think it's new for this year and I'm hoping it's for some kind of scholarship, not just for admittance.

hmmm, but in the e-mail it specifically says that this is an interview for admission into the program. maybe the interviews will help them determine who gets what scholarship? also in the e-mail there's mention of that BOE scholarship, but that info is publicly accessible via the website -- though the actual application form is kept under wraps with the BOE office. frankly, i think they'll just encourage us to apply and possibly have the materials there for us.

well, i'm done ranting and speculating. they said they'd contact again anyways. guess we'll see what happens in a couple weeks!

Did anyone here not get the NYU interview?

I cannot attend due to finals and Monica told me it wouldnt hurt me if I couldn't go.

i'm not sure, but it did say we were "selected to interview." so, unless all applicants were selected then i'd say we've passed through at least the first part of the admissions process. but yeah, that is a good question.

I finally heard back from somewhere! I got waitlisted at Vanderbilt, but they also said they'd like me to come visit and I get the strong feeling that would help...so I'm going over my spring break. Anyone else going to be there on 3/15?

I just found this forum last night, and it's a total godsend! I've been trying to figure out whether I should have heard back from my other schools yet or not (my answer seems to be not), and this is a real help.

Waiting to hear from:

University of Washington (Seattle)

Northwestern

Pitt

Acceptances

Maryland (still waiting for financial info from them)

MGH (scholarship)

Hey everyone!

I had an interview at Georgia State University last Friday (Feb. 26) and have an interview at NYU March 12 at 2p.m. I got rejected from Chapel Hill and Vanderbilt. I received an email today asking me to RSVP to Purdue's open house on March 12th "for applicants who have been admitted to our SLP Master’s program and our Au.D program." I never received an acceptance letter, so I am very confused by this. Does this mean I am in?!?! Did anyone else receive this email? I am still waiting to hear from TC Columbia, Emerson, University of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Alabama, Montevallo, and Auburn University.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey Girl. I have my interview at NYU on March 12th too. Mine is at a different time, though. I think you might be accepted to Purdue. An open house visit sounds promising. I got a big fat rejection from Purdue! I'm so nervous about next week at NYU. I don't know what to expect Good luck to you!

Hey guys,

Should I be concerned that I still haven't heard anything from Northwestern? The wait is killing me, especially knowing that other people have already been accepted/waitlisted. Northwestern is my top choice! eek.

I don't think so; I had called before asking when I should expect to hear back and they just said "decisions are ongoing" so I think they probably just haven't gotten to your app yet and/or mailed you a waitlist letter. (They never updated my status online.)