How to send LOR reminder to professor

Anyone have any tips on how to send a reminder email to a professor about a LOR? or has sent one? I sent her my materials and an email around the end of October and she's the only one I'm waiting on. I told her the "due date" was December 15 but expected her to have it done around Thansgiving. I don't want to sound rude in my email but I'm getting concerned she might've forgotten... Any tips or a template would be super helpful! I'm terrible when it comes to asking/reminding people on stuff like this 

Hello! 

I had a similar problem with one of mine and she didn't respond for three whole months! I just sent her an e-mail last Friday that basically said "Hello, this is just a friendly reminder that I will be submitting my applications in x weeks (december 15th). Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need me to resend any requests. I understand that you are probably very busy during this time of the semester, so I really appreciate you writing a letter for me!"

My professor responded right away to that e-mail :). I think it helps to give them the exact amount of time they have left, because sometimes a due date seems further away than it is. Just make sure you are very kind and understanding in your e-mail. She probably didn't forget, just has other things going on. You could also consider making the e-mail reminder seem more indirect, as if you are sending it to all of the professors so maybe she won't feel as targeted. Either way I am sure she will not feel like you are being rude :rolleyes:

Good luck! 

21 hours ago, Felice said:

Hello! 

I had a similar problem with one of mine and she didn't respond for three whole months! I just sent her an e-mail last Friday that basically said "Hello, this is just a friendly reminder that I will be submitting my applications in x weeks (december 15th). Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need me to resend any requests. I understand that you are probably very busy during this time of the semester, so I really appreciate you writing a letter for me!"

My professor responded right away to that e-mail :). I think it helps to give them the exact amount of time they have left, because sometimes a due date seems further away than it is. Just make sure you are very kind and understanding in your e-mail. She probably didn't forget, just has other things going on. You could also consider making the e-mail reminder seem more indirect, as if you are sending it to all of the professors so maybe she won't feel as targeted. Either way I am sure she will not feel like you are being rude :rolleyes:

Good luck! 

thank you! I sent something similar after doing some research online. I figured she didn't forget but that scenario just kept running through my head lol. She replied right away!