When people are getting rejected and accepted and I’m??

LolJustAdmitMe

Does this mean anything?

I’m starting to see people have already gotten rejected and some invited to interview at the same program I’m applying to. Does this mean I’m probably a backup or does this only mean they haven’t see my app yet to reject or invite me?? I’m confused, yet lucky I haven’t received a definite ‘no’ yet (that feels so wrong to think).

So I just saw you received notice, but I thought I'd share my own experience with this.

When I was applying for my MA there were two programs (out of my 7) that I never received notice from. No waitlist notification. No rejection. I contacted the program and was told several times that they were "still making decisions." Needless to say that I never received a decision and assumed this was a rejection.

However, this was March and it's December now. I think it's safe to assume those programs might have notified the people who were definitely not getting accepted and may have extended some interviews (for whatever reason: most competitive applicants, applicants they were on the fence about, fellowship nominees, who knows). Different departments have different admissions methods and might extend invitations on a rolling basis or in stages. For anyone else waiting, try your hardest not to worry*

*Note: this is coming from someone who is still freaking out everytime I hear about an acceptance for my programs