When to Apply for Jobs?

snoringdog

I'm a BSW student in my senior year with next semester being my field placement. I'm not going to graduate school after graduating, and (like most people) I'd ideally like to have a job by the time I graduate. While I love my BSW program, we haven't really talked much about applying for jobs - the process, when to do it, etc. I know people from other majors who are in the process of looking for jobs now and this brought me to this question - when should I start applying for jobs? 

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on your situation, do you absolutely need a job immediately after you graduate? Are you able to live at home while you search so you can be pickier? I wouldn't apply for a social service job any longer than 2 months out, case worker vacancies usually need to be filled quickly and they will want someone who can start soon. It's different in other professions so don't worry about what your friends in other sectors are doing