Jump to content
Rabak

Masters in eHealth at Mcmaster university Fall 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Euca said:

yes, I am. My application status still says submitted :(

@EucaWhen did you submit your application?

I think they are reviewing all applications chronologically! I submitted my application in the late of January 2018!

Edited by I'm Mostafa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aneeqa said:

Mine is pending. Did anyone email Iris?

No, But I heard from one of the graduations this process takes a long time every year! We should be patient! -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aneeqa said:

Is there anyone who is still waiting to receive an Interview Invite? :( Also for those who had their Interview this past weekend! How did it go for everyone?  

I had my interview over Skype as well. They are mostly questions they’d ask at a job interview. They’ll ask you to describe a certain scenario where you think you’ve showcased a skill eg. problem solving. So just think back to your work environment or from school and keep a few good examples ready. I think if you’re doing the interview locally you might have an extra written exercise judging from past years’ threads. I think mine went alright. It’s fairly relaxed so just keep cool and you’ll get through it in no time. Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, madosank said:

I had my interview over Skype as well. They are mostly questions they’d ask at a job interview. They’ll ask you to describe a certain scenario where you think you’ve showcased a skill eg. problem solving. So just think back to your work environment or from school and keep a few good examples ready. I think if you’re doing the interview locally you might have an extra written exercise judging from past years’ threads. I think mine went alright. It’s fairly relaxed so just keep cool and you’ll get through it in no time. Best of luck!

Great! @madosankWhen did you submit your application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They asked about finding a job, I answered poorly as I did not mention that I will be attending conferences, meetings, etc. I really hope this one hiccup doesnt destroy my chances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my interview this weekend...Most of all behavioral questions and wanted to know Why I applied for ehealth?My interview was average... It could be better.. I guess..so nervous...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My interview is tomorrow  I can give you guys an update if you want. From what I've read on past forums it seems the interview is really a formality and they already are likely to pass you if you have been offered an interview. Did anyone receive an email after their skype interview stating they were referred to the graduate office? 

Edited by dardalys098

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, I'm Mostafa said:

That's Great ?

I am an industrial engineer who works in IT fields. Now I am a business intelligences consultant.

More info: www.yazdanifard.com

Wow just checked out your site, you seem to be a perfect fit for this masters. I really hope you get an interview! From what the trend is, it seems they send out offers on Fridays. Are you an international student? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dardalys098 said:

My interview is tomorrow  I can give you guys an update if you want. From what I've read on past forums it seems the interview is really a formality and they already are likely to pass you if you have been offered an interview. Did anyone receive an email after their skype interview stating they were referred to the graduate office? 

Best of luck for your interview tomorrow! Let us know how it went.

Edited by madosank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dardalys098 said:

Wow just checked out your site, you seem to be a perfect fit for this masters. I really hope you get an interview! From what the trend is, it seems they send out offers on Fridays. Are you an international student? 

Thank you, my friend. Yes, I am an international student (Iranian) and you? I hope to receive an offer soon because I have two offers from the Netherlands that I hold them on for two weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dardalys098 said:

@madosank I'm sure you guys did really well!  May I ask what your background degree is in and what you currently do for work?

I’m a pharmacist by profession and I have a professional masters degree for it since I qualified in the UK. It works differently in Canada however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-19 at 12:22 PM, I'm Mostafa said:

@EucaWhen did you submit your application?

I think they are reviewing all applications chronologically! I submitted my application in the late of January 2018!

I submitted my application in late January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 4:19 PM, dardalys098 said:

My interview is tomorrow  I can give you guys an update if you want. From what I've read on past forums it seems the interview is really a formality and they already are likely to pass you if you have been offered an interview. Did anyone receive an email after their skype interview stating they were referred to the graduate office? 

hi!! how was your interview???I didn't receive any email from graduate office...Did anyone??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rabak said:

hi!! how was your interview???I didn't receive any email from graduate office...Did anyone??

Hey! I left feeling pretty good. I see what you guys mean about a few of the questions. They are all behavioural, requiring you to think of past experiences. There were 5 questions and most of them had multiple components to answer. They also give you time at the end to ask a few questions too, make sure you have a few prepared! I did get tripped up on one something to the effect of what ehealth trend have you been following, why is it interesting and what would you do to follow up on it. There was no written component. Mine took an entire 25 mins.. super quick. For those that had a skype interview were their multiple people interviewing you? There was a gentleman there who works with students to assist in finding internships. I feel like the interview is really to see if the candidate would represent McMaster Uni. appropriately in that type of setting.

For those that haven't heard about an interview offer, keep holding on! I did ask how long it would take for them to make their final decisions and was told 3-4 weeks. I bet they'll have at least two more weeks of interviews. It seems like people are notified on Fridays? Good luck everyone :)

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.