Addressing weaknesses in a personal statement?

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with a personal statement prompt that asks you to indicate your reasons for undertaking graduate study, outline plans for the future, and identify your strengths and weaknesses as a future SLP. I had no issue with the rest of the prompt, but I'm having trouble addressing the weaknesses. How do I address weaknesses without sounding like I'm essentially disqualifying myself from the program? A friend of mine who is applying to the same program has a sibling that is an SLP and they told her not to discuss weaknesses unless absolutely necessary. Should I listen to this advice? Thank you in advance!

Edited by slpinthemaking12

• slpinthemaking12 changed the title to Addressing weaknesses in a personal statement?

Address it in a way that makes it sound like you're working to improve a skill. Bad with time management? I'm working to improve it by using a planner. Struggle with writing? I'm taking a class that is helping you do xyz as a writer. Shows you're taking initiative to improve a skill

15 hours ago, jpiccolo said:

Address it in a way that makes it sound like you're working to improve a skill. Bad with time management? I'm working to improve it by using a planner. Struggle with writing? I'm taking a class that is helping you do xyz as a writer. Shows you're taking initiative to improve a skill

Great idea! Thank you so much!