Financial aid question

Praying18Crim

So, haven't gotten accepted yet, but I am trying to make plans for if I do. I am a crim major so finding is ok, but not great. Most of the programs I have looked at are about 19-23k. So my question is, if I get accepted can I take out a federal grad student loan if I absolutely have to (Please bear in mind this is going to be an option of last resort.) Thank for the help guys/gals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 10:21 PM, Bayesian1701 said:

Possibly.  Fill out the FAFSA and send it to your schools.  Then they may be able to include a federal loan in your aid package if you qualify.  You can do the FAFSA now with last year's tax information. There is some info here.

I haven't heard back and won't hear back till mid Feb or March. Should I apply for aid now or wait till a decision?

4 hours ago, iHaveAquestions said:

I haven't heard back and won't hear back till mid Feb or March. Should I apply for aid now or wait till a decision?

I went ahead and sent it to all 9 universities I applied to.  You can send it to 10 places.  If you are applied to more than 10 programs maybe you could send out to your top 5 places and hold the other spots until later. 

10 hours ago, Bayesian1701 said:

I went ahead and sent it to all 9 universities I applied to.  You can send it to 10 places.  If you are applied to more than 10 programs maybe you could send out to your top 5 places and hold the other spots until later. 

I didn't know I could do it now- Thank you!