Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)

nonduos

Members
  • Content count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About nonduos

  • Rank
    Decaf

Profile Information

  • Location
    Washington D.C.
  • Application Season
    2016 Fall
  • Program
    linguistics

Recent Profile Visitors

300 profile views
  1. Thanks fuzzylogicians! As you said, I don't think it is a good idea to accept an unfunded offer. Even though the school I got an offer with a full funding package is famous with computational linguistics, during the interview I found out I am not that interested in my POI' project. Also, I am waitlisted in UW computer linguistics program and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I am working in the company related with computer linguisitics now, and I already told my supervisor I will quit because I start my phd this fall. ( I guess it was too early to tell him!!!) As you said, I need to email my POI and ask him about the timeline. Thanks!
  2. Thank you for the advice! I already got an another offer from the school in Canada, which is kinda famous in computational linguistics with a full-funding package. But I always wanted to go to Georgetown.. But you guys are right. It will defenetely look bad on my CV.
  3. Hi:) Have you heard anything from them?
  4. Hi, I was accepted into Georgetown (phd) in the early Feb. The official acceptance letter said I am currently being considered for a full funding package. My POI said they will make initial funding offers within a few days. But I haven't heard anything from them yet.. I should decide if I accept the offer by 4/15. I haven't accept thier offer yet because I haven't heard anything about the funding. Would it be helpful (or look better?) to get funding if I accept thier offer first? This is my top choice and I am eager to study there.. Thanks in advance!