Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Stanford 2010

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 brewho

brewho

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hey All. Greetings from a fellow Fall student !

I've been assigned a Rains 2 BR too, although I was leaning towards Munger but later opted for Rains since I was apprehensive that it would mostly comprise law students. I'll be moving in on the 2nd, although my check-in date is on the 3rd. When I called up the housing front desk, she asked me to check in after hours, otherwise I'd be charged from an earlier contract date, viz., Aug 27th, she said.

Anybody know how many floors each building has? My apartment number is 302, does that mean its on the 3rd floor?

#82 ebaronov

ebaronov

Caffeinated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSofia Bulgaria
  • Program:math phd

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hey, how did you find out your apartment number?

#83 quadsbaby

quadsbaby

Espresso Shot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Program:EE PhD

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:17 PM

To answer both questions: Rains is composed of a number of small buildings. each building is two-three stories tall. There are two numbers relevant for rains, building number (runs from 200-238) and Apartment number. an apartment number of 30x would indicate that you are on the third floor.

Stanford tends to only give you your apartment number after you check in at Stanford, but they might tell you if you ask (they didn't tell me when I asked :( )
Stanford EE MS/PhD (2010-?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users