Stanford 2010

NsciApp

I second a boo for an electric stove. It seems standard to not have a gas stove in the area though-- I just got an apartment off-campus for next year and apartments with a gas stove were so rare!!

Anyone else living off-campus?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering... are we supposed to receive any "welcome packet" by post? Because I only receive a welcome email so far, and I don't know if that can be considered as official.

There was a small envelope with the admit letter and a pamphlet of the department that arrived by mail indicating that I was admitted to the university. There would not be any other packets coming through mail. All other packets will be handed over during orientation.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else bringing a car and living in student housing? Wondering about the permit situation, especially on move in day since I'll be driving up with my car hitched to a cargo van.

I've been here since June. Parking isn't enforced on the weekends or outside of 6am-4pm. You can buy a permit as soon as you show up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All. Greetings from a fellow Fall student !

I've been assigned a Rains 2 BR too, although I was leaning towards Munger but later opted for Rains since I was apprehensive that it would mostly comprise law students. I'll be moving in on the 2nd, although my check-in date is on the 3rd. When I called up the housing front desk, she asked me to check in after hours, otherwise I'd be charged from an earlier contract date, viz., Aug 27th, she said.

Anybody know how many floors each building has? My apartment number is 302, does that mean its on the 3rd floor?

• 2 weeks later...

To answer both questions: Rains is composed of a number of small buildings. each building is two-three stories tall. There are two numbers relevant for rains, building number (runs from 200-238) and Apartment number. an apartment number of 30x would indicate that you are on the third floor.

Stanford tends to only give you your apartment number after you check in at Stanford, but they might tell you if you ask (they didn't tell me when I asked :( )

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use