SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I e-submitted mine over two weeks ago and my GPA hasn't been calculated (I somehow missed the part of the FAQ that said the process could take up to four weeks). I'm trying not to think about it.

On Friday (1/29) I was on the phone with CSDCAS and they told me they were working on applications submitted in the first week of January.

My CSDCAS info says that no apps have been mailed yet- and my GPA still hasn't been calculated, but I received an email from Emerson telling me that they had everything necessary now to begin reviewing my application...so maybe it was sent?

My CSDCAS info says that no apps have been mailed yet- and my GPA still hasn't been calculated, but I received an email from Emerson telling me that they had everything necessary now to begin reviewing my application...so maybe it was sent?

Emerson sent me the same thing before my application had been mailed from CSDCAS. I think schools have access to it as soon as you put the school name in the system BUT not all schools will look at it before it is mailed to them. Once it has been mailed you will see a date next to the school name in the results area.

Emerson sent me the same thing before my application had been mailed from CSDCAS. I think schools have access to it as soon as you put the school name in the system BUT not all schools will look at it before it is mailed to them. Once it has been mailed you will see a date next to the school name in the results area.

I think they get your contact info and your submission date. I'm pretty sure they don't get your materials until CSDCAS mails it out to them.

i applied to northwestern, rush and wayne state university

CSDCAS hasnt mailed my apps yet either :S waiting is definately the worst part of the process... im just worried theres something wrong with my application!

also, if u guys wouldnt mind posting ur gre score and gpa that would be awsome!! just so we can get a general idea of the average applicant.

good luck everyone :)

I think they get your contact info and your submission date. I'm pretty sure they don't get your materials until CSDCAS mails it out to them.

Actually, I take that back... I looked at my Emerson account and they do at least have information about where my letters and transcripts came from. *shrug* It would be really nice if they did start processing stuff sooner than later.

CSDCAS hasnt mailed my apps yet either :S waiting is definately the worst part of the process... im just worried theres something wrong with my application!

also, if u guys wouldnt mind posting ur gre score and gpa that would be awsome!! just so we can get a general idea of the average applicant.

My GPA overall is 3.72 (4.0 in Speech & Hearing major). GRE 1360. No relevant work or volunteer experience as I have a full time office job.

GPA is 3.98, same GPA for speech/hearing. GRE was 1270 (590 V, 680 M, 5.5 W). Research experience in speech/hearing department for...5 semesters? I think this will be my 5th semester. Not a lot of shadowing/clinical experience though, just the 25 observation hours required for my clinical class plus a little extra.

Good luck everyone!

Hi. My GPA is 3.7 (I majored in psychology). 1300 GRE (730 math, 570 verbal). I have quite a bit of research experience (6 years), 4 of these years, I have been out of school. I manage a group home for adults with autism, which is where I developed a passion for SLP.

3.7 undergrad (neuroscience and psychology), 4.0 or 4.12 communication disorders postbacc (depending on whether you ask the school or CSDCAS), 1290 GRE (660V, 630Q), 6 years of research including 3 years working research full-time. Not too much clinical other than volunteer stuff.

overall 3.3 (studied finance for three years - totally killed me), CSD GPA 3.9

GRE was so/so, 60th percentile for verbal, 50th for math

research experience:

worked in a language literacy lab for 6 months

currently work in a voice physiology and motor learning lab

Go you guys with the 3.9+! Amazing :)

My stats:

3.58 GPA, (3.8 last 60 hours- a lot of schools seemed to ask for that?)

1380 GRE (690m/690v)

Interest in deafblind, multiple disabilities and multiculturalism

Undergrad in special education

2 yrs teaching experience with kiddos matching my interest- focus on pre-linguistic emerging communicative skills

10 yrs experience working with children with disabilities

overall 3.3 (studied finance for three years - totally killed me), CSD GPA 3.9

GRE was so/so, 60th percentile for verbal, 50th for math

research experience:

worked in a language literacy lab for 6 months

currently work in a voice physiology and motor learning lab

Where do I enter the information of "Applied to, accepted, rejected," so that it appears on my posts?

I just saw this, you go to your profile, by clicking on the down arrow in the upper right hand corner by your name. Then, click on "edit my profile". On the next page, there is a "change signature" button on the left hand side.

Hope this helps.

I just saw this, you go to your profile, by clicking on the down arrow in the upper right hand corner by your name. Then, click on "edit my profile". On the next page, there is a "change signature" button on the left hand side.

Hope this helps.

thank you!!

WELL THIS IS FUN.

I got an email from Pitt today saying they received my app from CSDCAS but that it is incomplete - they said they are missing my letters of recommendation. REALLY?! How is this possible CSDCAS? They have been submitted since Jan 10!! ELECTRONICALLY!!!!

And after waiting ohhhh I don't know... 45 minutes? to speak with someone from CSDCAS, they urged me to tell all my schools that they can access this info online. Even though all the schools I applied to have assured me they won't even glance at my app until they have received everything FROM CSDCAS.

ijfsdfawes;fidjawesd

WELL THIS IS FUN.

I got an email from Pitt today saying they received my app from CSDCAS but that it is incomplete - they said they are missing my letters of recommendation. REALLY?! How is this possible CSDCAS? They have been submitted since Jan 10!! ELECTRONICALLY!!!!

And after waiting ohhhh I don't know... 45 minutes? to speak with someone from CSDCAS, they urged me to tell all my schools that they can access this info online. Even though all the schools I applied to have assured me they won't even glance at my app until they have received everything FROM CSDCAS.

ijfsdfawes;fidjawesd

Oh, no!

Did CSDCAS just screw up and send them an incomplete package? Yikes!

What a horrible, horrible system.

Anyone hearing anything back yet? Everyone that I know who is applying this season (in other fields) are already having interviews and getting decisions. I'm so anxious!

Of course, I keep checking the "results" page obsessively, but that makes it worse, since a couple of people have heard back from GWU, which is one of the programs I applied to.

Oh, no!

Did CSDCAS just screw up and send them an incomplete package? Yikes!

What a horrible, horrible system.

right?! I had to talk to the CSD at Pitt, and I guess they had to call CSDCAS directly and access them from the website. What a nightmare!

Anyone hearing anything back yet? Everyone that I know who is applying this season (in other fields) are already having interviews and getting decisions. I'm so anxious!

Of course, I keep checking the "results" page obsessively, but that makes it worse, since a couple of people have heard back from GWU, which is one of the programs I applied to.

I haven't heard anything yet :\ ... it is definitely nerve wracking. I think there is a forum on this website of SLP masters applicants from last years cycle - you might want to check that out. You can check the dates of all the posts and get a sense of when last years applicants started to hear back from some schools. I'll try and find the link and post it on here for you.

I haven't heard anything yet :\ ... it is definitely nerve wracking. I think there is a forum on this website of SLP masters applicants from last years cycle - you might want to check that out. You can check the dates of all the posts and get a sense of when last years applicants started to hear back from some schools. I'll try and find the link and post it on here for you.

Ohh, I've already read that like 4 or 5 times all the way through. ;) It kind of freaks me out when I get to the people who were still waiting in APRIL. I'm thinking the timing will be a little different this year, though, because a bunch of the schools are using CSDCAS for the first time instead of doing it the traditional way. 6 of my schools are CSDCAS.

Ohh, I've already read that like 4 or 5 times all the way through. ;) It kind of freaks me out when I get to the people who were still waiting in APRIL. I'm thinking the timing will be a little different this year, though, because a bunch of the schools are using CSDCAS for the first time instead of doing it the traditional way. 6 of my schools are CSDCAS.

hahaha! Its sad isn't it? I'm thinking 'OK so I should know if I have an interview at NYU by February 22nd" haha.

I haven't heard anything, and I keep checking the "results" page as well. I had a miniature anxiety attack when I saw that someone from U of M applying for SLP was rejected. It didn't occur to me that it could have been a PhD candidate until I got home from work like two hours later, which of course it was...

ha!

I haven't heard anything, and I keep checking the "results" page as well. I had a miniature anxiety attack when I saw that someone from U of M applying for SLP was rejected. It didn't occur to me that it could have been a PhD candidate until I got home from work like two hours later, which of course it was...

ha!

I did the same thing when I saw that one!