SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Oh, goodness.

I got a false acceptance letter today- heads up U of Wisconsin Madison applicants. It said I was accepted contingent on my prereqs being finished by the fall. I had specified in my application that they would not be, so this confused me and I called admissions. They said the letter was sent to me in error, and that the person who knows the status of my application is out today and "may " be in tomorrow.

I'm going to try and see this as a way of learning to let go of things out of my control. Lol.

Sigh.

So glad I found this thread! :)

I only applied to one school, Purdue. I'm a prereq student, and I'm stuck in the Northwest Indiana area, near Hammond/Munster. I've heard it's really tough to get into Purdue, so I'm super nervous right now. Even if I do get in, it's going to be a 80min drive to school daily, I'm not even sure if this is a good idea. If I don't get in, then I've to think about what to do. Maybe finish up pre-reqs somewhere, and then apply to other schools in the area, like Rush, Northwestern and St. Xaviers. But private schools are so expensive!

I only applied to one school, Purdue. I'm a prereq student, and I'm stuck in the Northwest Indiana area, near Hammond/Munster. I've heard it's really tough to get into Purdue, so I'm super nervous right now. Even if I do get in, it's going to be a 80min drive to school daily, I'm not even sure if this is a good idea. If I don't get in, then I've to think about what to do. Maybe finish up pre-reqs somewhere, and then apply to other schools in the area, like Rush, Northwestern and St. Xaviers. But private schools are so expensive!

PURDUEEEEE! I'm an undergrad there now and am in love with all things Boilermaker. I chose not to apply to grad school there because A) it is really tough to get in and B) I just want to go to a new place---NOT that there is anything wrong with Purdue! I have just been an Indiana girl my whole life and would like a change of scene.

Good luck! I heard from my friend who works in the SLHS office that the professors met to make final decisions tonight. So hopefully good things will be coming your way soon! I'll be pulling for you!

Hi,

I don't mean to jump in but this is UNC's first year using this new website. It used to be "studentcentral" and now it's "connectcarolina". I am an undergrad at UNC and it's been a difficult transition for UNC to make with this new system. I have had trouble with registration, grades getting posted, etc with this new website. It's not the speech-language pathology admission's fault. It's the troubleshooting and transition to this new website.

I know, right? Just put it on the website! I'd rather just get it over with!

I applied to Purdue as well & I'm also in NW Indiana! (Chesterton/Michigan City area) Maybe we should commiserate together if we don't get in.

The longer I wait, the more awesome Purdue looks, especially for early intervention for autism.

Von's & Greyhouse crepes & gelato also helped win my heart.

I applied to Purdue as well & I'm also in NW Indiana! (Chesterton/Michigan City area) Maybe we should commiserate together if we don't get in.

The longer I wait, the more awesome Purdue looks, especially for early intervention for autism.

Oh goodness. Von's and Greyhouse are two of the things I will miss most next year.

Good luck to you too!

I know what you mean.. The longer I wait, the sadder I'm going to be if I don't get in.. Purdue just keeps getting more and more desirable everyday. (I'm interested in autism too!)

I wish they'd just tell us already!

And MsCongeniality, congratulations on getting into UNC! Your stats are awesome, though. =)

My UNC account still says "Thank you for submitting your application. Your decision is not yet available." Anyone else have this?

I saw a bunch of people put up on the board that they were rejected from UNC via email today -- Am I the only one who hasn't heard anything back?

Maybe you are waitlisted? Did you check your junk mail?

I received my lovely rejection right at midnight central time. Perhaps you can call them to see?

Checked my junk mail, nothing there. The website still says: "Thank you for submitting your application. Your decision is not yet available.". Nothing in my "To Do's". Nothing in the mail. I called today and they said the woman in charge of admissions was out for the day. Did your website status change?

Checked my junk mail, nothing there. The website still says: "Thank you for submitting your application. Your decision is not yet available.". Nothing in my "To Do's". Nothing in the mail. I called today and they said the woman in charge of admissions was out for the day. Did your website status change?

Maybe that is a good thing that yours didn't change!

Yes mine changed to the cryptic message of 'a decision has been reached. communication will be made'. That change for me happened around....I'd say 1pm (PST) and then as I said, I got the actual rejection email right at midnight, central time.

Oh goodness. Von's and Greyhouse are two of the things I will miss most next year.

Good luck to you too!

Thank you thank you!

I'm sure if I get in & attend, my wallet will not be happy with me & my blossoming affair with the businesses in West Lafayette.

Good luck in your applications! I moved here to get out of the northeast, so I understand you restlessness.

Maybe that is a good thing that yours didn't change!

Yes mine changed to the cryptic message of 'a decision has been reached. communication will be made'. That change for me happened around....I'd say 1pm (PST) and then as I said, I got the actual rejection email right at midnight, central time.

Interesting. I'm assuming the rejections will come over a few days, similar to the acceptances.

There seem to be a lot of Hoosiers here, has anyone applied to Indiana State? I received a post card almost three weeks ago that said I could check my decision status online but when I log in I don't see anything about a decision.

P.S. Got an e-mail from UIUC today--NOT an acceptance/rejection, but I do think that they're narrowing down applicants as we speak!

There seem to be a lot of Hoosiers here, has anyone applied to Indiana State? I received a post card almost three weeks ago that said I could check my decision status online but when I log in I don't see anything about a decision.

P.S. Got an e-mail from UIUC today--NOT an acceptance/rejection, but I do think that they're narrowing down applicants as we speak!

Nope, I did not apply to any Indiana schools. Good luck with UIUC! What a great school. I am sort of regretting my decision not to apply there <_<

Hey everyone

Definitely sick of waiting. This is my third time applying to SLP programs. Yes, the third time. I really hope I get in somewhere this time! I'm applying to:

Rush

MGH

NYU

TC

Towson

Nebraska-Lincoln

San Francisco State

San Diego State

CSU Northridge

San Jose State

Only Purdue.

Though (I see in your signature), I did also apply to Northwestern & I'm eager to hear from them!

Is it just me, or does it seem like SLP programs are taking longer to get back to folks this year?

According to 2010's results page, there was a lot more school activity this time last year.

I think it's due to CSDCAS. They didn't even mail out the applications until early this week for the people who submitted on the January 15th deadline (thank god mine went in earlier).

I think it's due to CSDCAS. They didn't even mail out the applications until early this week for the people who submitted on the January 15th deadline (thank god mine went in earlier).

Ha, I almost put in my post that I blame CSDCAS! Maybe all these delays will help them to decide NOT to use CSDCAS next year. That system is ridiculous and not efficient, for the students and the schools.