SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Ha, I almost put in my post that I blame CSDCAS! Maybe all these delays will help them to decide NOT to use CSDCAS next year. That system is ridiculous and not efficient, for the students and the schools.

According to this thread (AuD is using it, too), at least one school got fed up and decided not to use it again. I think that's a good sign-- I hope it's a trend. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=798165

Ha, I almost put in my post that I blame CSDCAS! Maybe all these delays will help them to decide NOT to use CSDCAS next year. That system is ridiculous and not efficient, for the students and the schools.

I didn't specifically avoid CSDCAS when deciding to apply to schools, but it was a slight factor in my decision-making. I applied to zero schools on CSDCAS and, while it was a pain to follow six different sets of instructions for six different applications (and sometimes more, because a few schools had grad school AND departmental apps), it really beat the stress that CSDCAS seemed to put on a lot of my peers.

I think if CSDCAS is actually going to be effective and worthwhile, all (or most) of the schools have to use it. And it needs a significant overhaul.

I didn't specifically avoid CSDCAS when deciding to apply to schools, but it was a slight factor in my decision-making. I applied to zero schools on CSDCAS and, while it was a pain to follow six different sets of instructions for six different applications (and sometimes more, because a few schools had grad school AND departmental apps), it really beat the stress that CSDCAS seemed to put on a lot of my peers.

I think if CSDCAS is actually going to be effective and worthwhile, all (or most) of the schools have to use it. And it needs a significant overhaul.

I agree. I think the biggest pain with CSDCAS, for me anyway, was having to do their application plus a separate application for 3 of my schools. I think if you're going to use CSDCAS then you should not have an additional separate application--it's a lot of time, effort, and money on the student's behalf that really isn't necessary. I didn't have any delay issues with CSDCAS, but that's probably because I read the instructions thoroughly and got my applications in by December 1 instead of the e-submit dates so that the processing time didn't affect my applications.

Hi all! SO glad I found this thread. I'm a non-major applicant (I majored in Linguistics). GPA 3.94, Major GPA 4.0, GRE Q710 V610 AW4.5, and I have a ton of research experience in Linguistics.

I'm applying to:

Northwestern

U Wisconsin Madison

Syracuse

Penn State

Montclair State

I've already been accepted to:

U Maryland College Park

Indiana University Bloomington

I just saw yesterday that a bunch of people have heard back from U Wisconsin Madison already, and I'm freaking out that I haven't gotten a letter yet. I don't see why they just don't update the online status in addition to mailing out letters. It would put make me much happier!

I also have a phone interview with Syracuse on Tuesday - does anyone who has done it have any advice on what it's like? I heard it was rather informal. Is it something they do for every applicant or is it a special subset they are considering for admission?

Anyway, good luck to everyone with your apps!

I'm applying to:

Northwestern

U Wisconsin Madison

Syracuse

Penn State

Montclair State

I've already been accepted to:

U Maryland College Park

Indiana University Bloomington

Woo! Another Penn State-er! I was beginning to think I was the only one that applied there! Good luck with the rest of your apps (and congrats on your acceptances)!

Congratulations! Did you apply to the Manhattan program or the Garden City one? I'm waiting to hear from Adelphi, among other schools. Sleep would be nice!

I got accepted to Adelphi University!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAY! I can finally sleep at night

Did anyone here apply to SUNY Plattsburgh? If so, Have you heard anything...?

I did not apply to Plattsburgh but I am attending my undergrad here and I am fairly certain that no one has heard anything yet. I have heard that the decision process for interviews it taken longer than usual do to a large increase in the number of applicants this year.

Just realized I filed my FAFSA a week later than intended and it may not get to UNC by their March 1 deadline. *headdesk*

When I filled out my FAFSA it updated and sent the information almost immediately (like the next business day). Do you have to have your tax information on there too??

Has anyone heard from Emerson or Boston U? I know CSDCAS may be playing a role, but I haven't heard anything yet and according to last year's stats, this should be around the time I'd be most likely to hear something, and yet, nothing. Going...slowly...crazy. I haven't heard from any of my other schools either, but their deadlines were also all in February, so I haven't reached nervous-anixous-panic mode yet.

When I filled out my FAFSA it updated and sent the information almost immediately (like the next business day). Do you have to have your tax information on there too??

Yeah that's what my parents said when I told them I was freaking out. I just got worried when their financial aid website recommended submitting by Feb.15 in order for it to be in their office by March 1.

I didn't include tax info because I never make enough money on my summer job(s) to have to file. Depressing, right?

Yeah that's what my parents said when I told them I was freaking out. I just got worried when their financial aid website recommended submitting by Feb.15 in order for it to be in their office by March 1.

I didn't include tax info because I never make enough money on my summer job(s) to have to file. Depressing, right?

hah I'm in the same boat. I think I may file for the first time because I made just enough to actually get a return! woo

Shelley D - I haven't anything from the Boston schools either (BU/MGH). I only received confirmation from MGH awhile back saying they received my application but I have heard NOTHING from BU. CSDCAS says they sent my application in December, so hopefully they are just waiting on the people who didn't submit until the very last minute.

Has anyone heard from Emerson or Boston U? I know CSDCAS may be playing a role, but I haven't heard anything yet and according to last year's stats, this should be around the time I'd be most likely to hear something, and yet, nothing. Going...slowly...crazy. I haven't heard from any of my other schools either, but their deadlines were also all in February, so I haven't reached nervous-anixous-panic mode yet.

Haven't heard a peep. Hopefully that changes soon. Out of all the schools I applied to, BU, MGH, and Emerson should be the first ones to get back to me (based on the 2010 results page, anyway). I'm doing some clinic observation time at MGH next week, so I'll see if I can find anything out then and will report back if I hear anything.

I figure if we don't hear anything by March 11 it's probably safe to call and inquire about our application status.

Edited by FutureSLP

Haven't heard a peep. Hopefully that changes soon. Out of all the schools I applied to, BU, MGH, and Emerson should be the first ones to get back to me (based on the 2010 results page, anyway). I'm doing some clinic observation time at MGH next week, so I'll see if I can find anything out then and will report back if I hear anything.

I figure if we don't hear anything by March 11 it's probably safe to call and inquire about our application status.

Oh yes, please do. I was thinking of making a polite phone call just to see if I can get any idea about what's happening.

Oh yes, please do. I was thinking of making a polite phone call just to see if I can get any idea about what's happening.

It might not hurt to call either and inquire about an admissions timeline. I'm not sure if the clinic supervisor I'll see next week will be able to shed light on anything, but the admissions office might have an idea of when letters should start going out.

Hi! I wrote Emerson admissions a little while back - they told me we'd be notified sometime in March...which is kinda vague. But the other day, I logged onto Ecommon and they had a new tab "Admissions decision" or something like that under application status. Of course, when I went back on later that tab was gone...so hopefully that's a sign they were in the process of editing the site or something and will have it up soon! I can't wait - Emerson is my first choice :) Anyone waiting for TC: I contacted admissions and they said they try to notify by/around March 15.

Good luck everyone!

Hi! I wrote Emerson admissions a little while back - they told me we'd be notified sometime in March...which is kinda vague. But the other day, I logged onto Ecommon and they had a new tab "Admissions decision" or something like that under application status. Of course, when I went back on later that tab was gone...so hopefully that's a sign they were in the process of editing the site or something and will have it up soon! I can't wait - Emerson is my first choice :) Anyone waiting for TC: I contacted admissions and they said they try to notify by/around March 15.

Good luck everyone!

Oh my gosh at the TC news! I just gasped. :)

Hi! I wrote Emerson admissions a little while back - they told me we'd be notified sometime in March...which is kinda vague. But the other day, I logged onto Ecommon and they had a new tab "Admissions decision" or something like that under application status. Of course, when I went back on later that tab was gone...so hopefully that's a sign they were in the process of editing the site or something and will have it up soon! I can't wait - Emerson is my first choice :)

Thanks for the Emerson update!