SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I'm a UW undergrad and the word on the street is that decisions will be sent out this week!

Thank you.. exactly what I wanted to hear. Hmm...is it going to be a good weekend or a bad weekend.... :)

Last year they sent an email, told you to log in and there was a letter waiting for you when you long in

Thanks for all this info Ashley! You're like the little bird that filters all the info back to us in agony on the east coast! Do you want to stay at UW?

Thanks for all this info Ashley! You're like the little bird that filters all the info back to us in agony on the east coast! Do you want to stay at UW?

Haha no problem, I'm ansy as ever and remember from last year that every detail helps.

I would love to stay at UW, due to the program, already knowing professors. However this little part of me is ready for a new adventure. But to be completely honest I will take anything.. I got into one school last year and turned it down because of location (I hadn't checked it out til I got in) and I am completely terrified I won't get in this round and will be kicking myself for the rest of my life for turning down my chance to be an slp

Okay probably too much information but I thought I would share.

Haha no problem, I'm ansy as ever and remember from last year that every detail helps.

I would love to stay at UW, due to the program, already knowing professors. However this little part of me is ready for a new adventure. But to be completely honest I will take anything.. I got into one school last year and turned it down because of location (I hadn't checked it out til I got in) and I am completely terrified I won't get in this round and will be kicking myself for the rest of my life for turning down my chance to be an slp

Okay probably too much information but I thought I would share.

No need to apologize, I feel the same about Pitt! I feel like since I've spent my undergrad here, and have been able to build rapport with the faculty, that I have the best chance of getting in here... but I am sooo ready to get out of Pittsburgh. It's a great city and has treated me well the past 5 years, but I would like a change of scenery as well. And I feel guilty for feeling this way because I should be so lucky to get into Pitt! Cheers to hoping for options!

No need to apologize, I feel the same about Pitt! I feel like since I've spent my undergrad here, and have been able to build rapport with the faculty, that I have the best chance of getting in here... but I am sooo ready to get out of Pittsburgh. It's a great city and has treated me well the past 5 years, but I would like a change of scenery as well. And I feel guilty for feeling this way because I should be so lucky to get into Pitt! Cheers to hoping for options!

Yes cheers! Good luck in the process :) I pray for the best for everyone here

Hey all,

I just received an e-mail from Loyola requested an interview for their Foundation program (no SLP background) and I am very excited but incredibly nervous! I'm sure it depends on the school, but have any of you done interviews for programs? What are they like? How should I prepare? Ahhhhh!

I had an interview for Syracuse this afternoon (via phone), and it was honestly pretty low stress-- not that that kept me from being super nervous, naturally. Anyway, it was ~13m long, and probably 2/3 of the time was just spent answering the questions I had. I'm an out-of-field student too, so she asked me why SLP (which I had expected) and what educational experience I've had that I thought would most prepare me for grad school (which I hadn't anticipated). I don't know how typical that sort of experience is, as this was the sole program I applied to that interviews. At any rate, I prepared by making a few lists of possible responses to various questions (e.g., why SU? why SLP?), re-reading my statement of purpose, and spending some time on the department's website beforehand so that I could be specific about their particular program as necessary, given it's been a while now since applications were due. Good luck with your interview!

Edited by slushlily

Uh-oh, the results board shows an Emerson decision. Snail mail.

ahh good luck!!!

Hopefully that means something soon from MGH and BU as well, since they all used CSDCAS

I go to Penn State, and one of my current professors who's on the admissions committee said letters are being sent out in the next two weeks. Good luck if any of you applied to PSU, it's a great program with some incredible faculty! :)

Oh no! Two more weeks of waiting and checking the internet every five minutes?! :) Thanks for the heads up. I was just logging on to ask this EXACT question!

I go to Penn State, and one of my current professors who's on the admissions committee said letters are being sent out in the next two weeks. Good luck if any of you applied to PSU, it's a great program with some incredible faculty! :)

Ohh, I applied to Penn State. If I get in would you mind if I PMed you with some questions?

Is anyone else applying to Illinois schools? I applied to all in-state (UIUC, Eastern, Northern, Western, SIU-Carbondale, SIU-Edwardsville and Illinois State), and haven't heard a word from any of them yet! I heard somewhere that none of the Illinois programs send out notifications until around spring break, does anyone know if this is true? It's so stressful hearing all my classmates get into out-of-state schools while I just sit here and wait, gah!

Good luck to everyone!

Hey Shelley,

On my interviews, they ask me about my SLP experiences, interests in the field and why I felt I was a good fit for their program (they really wanted to make sure that I knew about their program). Feel free to private message me if you have any specific questions, I am more than happy to help you! :D

Hey all,

I just received an e-mail from Loyola requested an interview for their Foundation program (no SLP background) and I am very excited but incredibly nervous! I'm sure it depends on the school, but have any of you done interviews for programs? What are they like? How should I prepare? Ahhhhh!

Anyone who applied to the University of Tennessee or the University of Memphis around here? What are your stats? Hope you all are staying sane these days.

I applied to University of Tennessee. I have a 3.3 GPA and 1020 GRE. I also was able to have an extension on the deadline to mid Feb., so it may be a while until interview decisions are made... I hate waiting!

Hi! I wrote Emerson admissions a little while back - they told me we'd be notified sometime in March...which is kinda vague. But the other day, I logged onto Ecommon and they had a new tab "Admissions decision" or something like that under application status. Of course, when I went back on later that tab was gone...so hopefully that's a sign they were in the process of editing the site or something and will have it up soon! I can't wait - Emerson is my first choice :) Anyone waiting for TC: I contacted admissions and they said they try to notify by/around March 15.

Good luck everyone!

Hi, I just logged onto my Emerson account today and saw the newly added "Admissions decision" tab. I know Emerson does a type of rolling admissions, so I was wondering if this tab was added to everyone's application or just mine, meaning that my decision is coming soon. The tab says that admissions decisions are available online seven or less days after the decision has been made and submitted to the graduate school. It's such a minor thing to be wondering about this tab, but I'm like everyone else on here trying to sit patiently while dying internally to hear results. Good luck to everyone!