SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

For those of my friends who are waiting/have heard from UNC...I looked at their profile of admitted MS/AuD students. I didn't realize that they admitted such a high percentage of North Carolina/UNC students! Maybe I am just naive but I'm an out-of-stater and, based on that profile, I feel like I don't stand much of a chance. :(

For those of my friends who are waiting/have heard from UNC...I looked at their profile of admitted MS/AuD students. I didn't realize that they admitted such a high percentage of North Carolina/UNC students! Maybe I am just naive but I'm an out-of-stater and, based on that profile, I feel like I don't stand much of a chance. :(

I'm an out-of-stater too, all the way from Arizona!

I bet they are still doing them, because I got my acceptance on Tuesday, but someone posted last week that they received it. Has anything on your online profile changed under the "status" section?

I'm an out-of-stater too, all the way from Arizona!

I bet they are still doing them, because I got my acceptance on Tuesday, but someone posted last week that they received it. Has anything on your online profile changed under the "status" section?

well, if you think you have it rough as out-of-state, welcome to my world of being international!! I think the UNC acceptances might be trickling in to people instead of all at once, but then again, I might be convincing myself of this so I can believe I still have a chance hehe

Did anyone get emails or anything from UNC with questions about your application for those still waiting and those already accepted?

well, if you think you have it rough as out-of-state, welcome to my world of being international!! I think the UNC acceptances might be trickling in to people instead of all at once, but then again, I might be convincing myself of this so I can believe I still have a chance hehe

Did anyone get emails or anything from UNC with questions about your application for those still waiting and those already accepted?

I guess that's true, but I feel like international students also have a slight edge because they could add to the diversity of the program that a lot of these schools claim to look for. An international student is a lot more glitzy than a little Indiana farm girl :D

I agree though...I, too, am hoping for a "trickling" of acceptances.

I haven't heard from UNC at all since the "yay, you submitted your app!" confirmation email in November. My status hasn't changed on the website either.

I didn't get any questions either. I bet it is because you are international and such. What country are you applying from?! Are you applying to any other schools?

I didn't get any questions either. I bet it is because you are international and such. What country are you applying from?! Are you applying to any other schools?

I'm glad you guys find me interesting with my glamorous foreign-ness! WHY DON'T YOU WORK IN ADMISSIONS!?!?!? heheh :)

I'm from Canada, so not too exotic and foreign (dangit all). And yes I've applied to other schools. I applied to U of Arizona, UT-Austin, UW, University of Houston UNC (as you know). I'm worried though since the majority of students accepted are American and the competition is super high for the program. I love how the States has so many schools that offer the program -- major plus in my book!

PS: My UNC status online hasn't changed either.

I'm glad you guys find me interesting with my glamorous foreign-ness! WHY DON'T YOU WORK IN ADMISSIONS!?!?!? heheh :)

I'm from Canada, so not too exotic and foreign (dangit all). And yes I've applied to other schools. I applied to U of Arizona, UT-Austin, UW, University of Houston UNC (as you know). I'm worried though since the majority of students accepted are American and the competition is super high for the program. I love how the States has so many schools that offer the program -- major plus in my book!

Hey, my mom's Canadian! So I guess technically I'm half Canadian? haha I dunno. I love Canada. My grandparents still live up there and I visit from time to time.

I also applied to UT-Austin! (which I now realize is obvious thanks to my signature, haha)

Edited by mscongeniality1

Just got good news from UNC.:D

I am ecstatic! I was sure that if I didn't get a phone call, I was waitlisted/rejected. Anyone else who's waiting on a decision, be sure to keep checking your application website!

Oh my gosh, that is AWESOME!! Congratulations on the good news!! And just in time for the weekend :D

I am ecstatic! I was sure that if I didn't get a phone call, I was waitlisted/rejected. Anyone else who's waiting on a decision, be sure to keep checking your application website!

Congrats!!! Now this means I have to check the website immediately and become even more scared than I already am.....

Edit: mine still says that a decision is still not available! WHY!!! THIS LIMBO STATE IS TORTURE!!!

Edited by squaresquared

MyUNC status has changed to "a decision has been reached, you will receive a communication." Cue the sad trombone. Crossing my fingers for the waitlist, I suppose!

Noooo! I got that too! Is that really their way of rejecting people? That seems so cruel to just keep people hanging on like that.

For those accepted to UNC, does your status say accepted, or does it say something else?

Maybe if we know that, we can try to decipher the cryptic 'receive a communication' message!

On my "to-do" list page or my student service center, under my status it says "Click here to view your decision in a new window". When I click, it opens a new tab in Firefox with a page that has a little acceptance ditty (which includes the promise of an official letter sent in the mail) and then the option to accept or decline their offer of admission.

I am with you guys on the "I just want to know now" thing. I looked at my decision window through my fingers because I figured it wasn't good news and, quite frankly, I would rather be told on an email/website that I can close and never look at again than a physical letter.

On my "to-do" list page or my student service center, under my status it says "Click here to view your decision in a new window". When I click, it opens a new tab in Firefox with a page that has a little acceptance ditty (which includes the promise of an official letter sent in the mail) and then the option to accept or decline their offer of admission.

I am with you guys on the "I just want to know now" thing. I looked at my decision window through my fingers because I figured it wasn't good news and, quite frankly, I would rather be told on an email/website that I can close and never look at again than a physical letter.

So, I think it might be safe to say that everyone who doesn't have this is either rejected or waitlisted. Darn.

CONGRATS! May I be nosey and ask your stats? I'm thinking it's not looking too promising for me anymore, but it was honestly to be expected.

So, I think it might be safe to say that everyone who doesn't have this is either rejected or waitlisted. Darn.

Probably so. :(

I feel bad because one of my good friends also applied to UNC for SLP. She was one of the first people I told and was sooooo excited. I just saw on her Facebook that she got an ominous "you will be contacted" message as well. UGH. I wish more people could be admitted to these programs. I feel that the majority of us are qualified and deserve it.

Oh, and for the person that just asked my stats: I have a 3.98 GPA in the major and overall and am on track to graduate from the honors program at my school. GRE was 1270 (590 V, 680 Q) with 5.5 on the writing. I've worked in a research lab for 5 semesters (this is my 5th) and done a couple other little research things on the side in the College of Education.

I feel bad because one of my good friends also applied to UNC for SLP. She was one of the first people I told and was sooooo excited. I just saw on her Facebook that she got an ominous "you will be contacted" message as well. UGH. I wish more people could be admitted to these programs. I feel that the majority of us are qualified and deserve it.

Oh, and for the person that just asked my stats: I have a 3.98 GPA in the major and overall and am on track to graduate from the honors program at my school. GRE was 1270 (590 V, 680 Q) with 5.5 on the writing. I've worked in a research lab for 5 semesters (this is my 5th) and done a couple other little research things on the side in the College of Education.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! YAY for UNC!

I have similar stats to you, so I am guessing the pool was quite competitive this year (1350 GRE - 760Q, 590V, 3.84 gpa (4.0 in major), research experience, etc)

I'm applying to UW and Arizona also! I did my undergrad at Arizona and looooved the program.

Edited by SLP_419

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! YAY for UNC!

I have similar stats to you, so I am guessing the pool was quite competitive this year (1350 GRE - 760Q, 590V, 3.84 gpa (4.0 in major), research experience, etc

Whew! Their "average student" profile is going to have much higher stats this year, I bet.

WOW, very impressive!