Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

As a Russia full applicant, I have not received a save the date email. I was worried about this, but then I found out that there is no DC orientation for the Russia Full grant. So...there is no date to be saved.

I never received a 'save the date' email (applied for Morocco). I hope that that does not mean that I was already weeded out! ---How much background checking does IIE do? I hope that this isn't going to take that much longer! Edited by Anamaria02

I'm an ETA finalist for Rwanda and just got the "save the date" email as well. FWIW, I followed up a bit with Jermaine and got the following reply:

Pretty much all the Sub-Saharan African countries have submitted their selections, so my sense is that you and the other recommended candidates for that world region may be notified about your final standing by the end of this month—which is actually on track for when previous years’ recommended candidates for this region were also notified.

I hope this helps.

By the end of this MONTH? At least we known we won't be in the dark still into May (unless, God forbid, we're designated alternates). I was really hoping for sooner than three weeks from now. Maybe he's just estimating high...

By the way, when did you receive that correspondence?

Edited by FullTimeAnxious

Congrats, Taiwan Fulbrighters! Glad we started the week off right with a number of acceptances :)

Speaking of numbers, has anyone been keeping track of how many countries have notified thus far? I have a feeling we're over the hump now! Hang tight, everybody!

Which country did you apply to, Ldemarigny? Many Eastern European countries have already notified their candidates, but others (like the Baltics!) are still waiting. You can check the updated spreadsheet in my signature for more info!

I have been completely dying! I want to know about the Austrian USTA. I have been lurking on this forum for days trying to gather a logical explanation as to why some of us still have not heard. What I can conclude is that it is only good news. My anxiety levels have been very high, because this is the only thing left I have for a future next year (other than working a minimum dead end job). Please post as soon as you find out about Austria. the waiting has been intense! Dang that Austrian Holiday, Oster Montag.

I also just received the Taiwan ETA. Have any of you received any information beyond what was in the email? It was very light on info. I also received the Critical Language Scholarship for this summer and don't know if I will be able to attend if the program dates or orientation overlap. If I can't do the CLS, I'd love to let the program know so someone can get off the wait list. I'm not going to be receiving the Fulbright snail mail letter anytime soon because my address has changed. If either of you have any information could you let me know? Thanks!

So far I haven't heard anything else. I will keep you updated! I think in the past the ETA program started around August 1st. Hopefully they will give us more concrete information soon!

Also received an ETA to Taiwan! And as rosensra said, I haven't yet received any additional information, but once I do, I'll let you know gliv49!

ES90 - are you Morocco? ...When did you get the save the date?

yep! eta. i received the email on february 15th

Dear Candidate:

You were recently notified that you have been recommended for further consideration for a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship (ETA) Award. In the event that you are selected as a grantee, you will be required to attend a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation in Washington, D.C.

The Fulbright Pre-Departure Orientation session for grantees to the Middle East and North Africa will be held from Tuesday, June 26 – Friday, June 29.

Chosen candidates will receive an official invitation and registration instructions later this spring. The costs associated with travel and accommodations for the length of the orientation will be covered by the U.S. Department of State.

If you are aware of potential conflicts with the above session dates, please wait until you have received your notification of status. If selected, at that time you may contact IIE and complete a request for exemption. Exemption requests are not guaranteed, and requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by representatives from the U.S. Department of State.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jermaine Jones

I never received a 'save the date' email (applied for Morocco). I hope that that does not mean that I was already weeded out! ---How much background checking does IIE do? I hope that this isn't going to take that much longer!

hm..you should call jermaine and ask him about this...did you apply for the eta or full? i think both are supposed to attend the pre-departure orientation but i could be wrong.

hm..you should call jermaine and ask him about this...did you apply for the eta or full? i think both are supposed to attend the pre-departure orientation but i could be wrong.

I also got that email. I honestly think it was sent to everyone. You probably didn't get it because it went to your spam folder, but if you don't trust that you should definitely check with Jermaine Jones.

es90

Did you apply for a Full Fellowship or an ETA?

That may also have something to do with it. They may handle/organize matters differently depending on the type of grant that you applied for.

i'm eta.