2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Almost all of my apps will not do interviews -- I heard that USC does interviews AFTER you get accepted (weird, huh?) -- ECU does interviews according to the information online but who knows if that is accurate or not.  I kind of hope I don't have interviews in a way because I don't have many more days off that I can afford to take!! 

Nope, neither of the schools I applied to does interviews.

I thought I read last year that the U of MN does an open house for applicants at the beginning of February (before making admissions decisions),  but I haven't heard anything about that yet.

That's either a bad sign or they've changed things up.  Either way, I anticipate knowing next week, which will be a relief.

Edited by chellinchen

I just got an email from BU too! Has anyone talked to last year's applicants about the interviews? I can imagine what they will be like, but I'd love to know more specifics!

From what I've read on here, it sounds like this might be the first year they've done interviews :/

Looks like a lot of people were invited to interview at BU. Does anyone know the actual percentage of applicants that received an interview?

I'm wondering that, too :( I want to go in-person to make a good impression, but last minute flights from AZ aren't cheap. If it means I have a good chance of acceptance, I will suck it up and buy a plane ticket...but if all/most of us got invited, I will probably do the Skype interview and save my money.

Oh, and I also did a visit/tour this summer, so I got to see the school/clinic/area and talk with Brie, so i don't think I would personally get much from another visit.

Edited by katieliz456

I'm wondering that, too :( I want to go in-person to make a good impression, but last minute flights from AZ aren't cheap. If it means I have a good chance of acceptance, I will suck it up and buy a plane ticket...but if all/most of us got invited, I will probably do the Skype interview and save my money.

Oh, and I also did a visit/tour this summer, so I got to see the school/clinic/area and talk with Brie, so i don't think I would personally get much from another visit.

Maybe someone else can weigh in, but I feel like a Skype interview is fine, especially since you've already visited the campus in person and talked with a point of contact.

Your stats are really impressive, and you're definitely interested in the program. I think they'll understand if you can't fly in from AZ on short notice.

Good luck to all the BU interviewees!

Got an interview for BU and Accepted into UT-Austin today! I'll take it :)

Good luck all!

Congratulations! That's great news! Are you a Texas resident, by chance? Did any out-of-state applicants hear from UT Austin yet?

Congratulations! That's great news! Are you a Texas resident, by chance? Did any out-of-state applicants hear from UT Austin yet?

Thanks! I'm out of state. Permanent resident of FL and going to school in PA currently! I'm sure you'll hear good news soon :)