Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Never too early to start planning!

I'm about to graduate with my BA in art and international affairs and I'm applying for a full grant to research contemporary art in China. 

GO!

Edited by Oliebollen

I was recommended for full research in Spain. I just had my official sealed transcript sent to the Fulbright office in New York, per the email. Does anyone know if we will receive confirmation when it arrives? I've had issues of transcripts getting "lost" in the mail before, and that's not something I'd like to deal with again...

I was recommended for full research in Spain. I just had my official sealed transcript sent to the Fulbright office in New York, per the email. Does anyone know if we will receive confirmation when it arrives? I've had issues of transcripts getting "lost" in the mail before, and that's not something I'd like to deal with again...

You may want to ask this question in the Fulbright 2014-2015 forum, as more people will be likely to see it there. (This is the forum for 2015-2016.) :)

Hey all,

For those who are applying to Fulbright in 2015-16 and interested in heading to Asia, I'd like to point out two awesome fellowship programs to add to your list: 

The Luce Scholars Program (http://www.hluce.org/lsprogram.aspx): funds a one-year work placement in Asia in any career field for those without lots of prior experience in Asia 

The Clinton Fellowship for Service in India (http://aif.org/investment-area/leadership/): Funds a ten-month work placement fellowship with a nonprofit in India

• 1 month later...

Now that people are starting to hear back from Fulbright re: acceptances, I'm getting super pumped for the application process for 2015-2016 to commence! (although the proposed budget cuts I've heard about are a major downer). I'm curious what, if anything, you all have started doing to prepare your application.

Now that people are starting to hear back from Fulbright re: acceptances, I'm getting super pumped for the application process for 2015-2016 to commence! (although the proposed budget cuts I've heard about are a major downer). I'm curious what, if anything, you all have started doing to prepare your application.

If you are planning to apply for a research grant you need to get your letters of affiliation going. That process takes months!

If you guys want to get a sense of how the application process is going for those of us on the '14-'15 cycle, here is a link to our spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsJrSSHnssqFdHNPell4VVZwWDgtWUpQcTVVeWM0bWc&usp=sharing.

Just please don't mess with the info there! We spent a lot of time on it to make it as useful as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Eek! Just found this forum after creepin' around the 2014-2015 Fulbright page. I'm happy to see I'm not the only crazy one who's been waiting for the application season to start.

My husband got a Fulbright to India back in 2010, so we spent our first year of marriage in Calcutta. Now I'm dying to go back, and the time seems to be right. I'll be applying as a writer...we'll see how that goes.

Hi everyone!

I am excited to see so many others anxiously awaiting the start of application season and very glad that we will get to share all of the joys and stresses of this process together!  I will be applying for a research position in the student program in Moldova.  Hope that I'll get to meet another Moldova applicant or anyone else hoping to head to Eurasia :)

• 2 weeks later...

It might seem ambitious, but I'm planning to apply for the Canada's STEM Award. However, I'm going to wait a few weeks into the summer (Mid to late May) before I commit myself to the application. I want to make sure that my POI and I will get along outside of e-mail and the phone.

Hello everyone and happy start to the new cycle! I am currently an Alternate to France for a research grant for the 2014-2015 cycle. Although I hope I get promoted, going to start the re-application process.

Hi everyone! I see a few familiar faces here :) 

I just got the NS for research to Bangladesh. Will be giving it another go in the 2015-2016 cycle, but might change my country to a different country in South/Central Asia. 

Ooh, Hina, you should try Calcutta. I know, I'm very biased. But it's a great city in the same region-ish that speaks the same language. There's a really great language school there, and it's just the best city in the world. Think about it!