Fall 2015 Chemical Engineering PhD

Jguo32

Just got an email from Princeton!! I was worried about them because I only mentioned one prof in my personal statement, and he's the dept chair so he may not be taking students.

Also for anyone wondering, Stanford's visit weekend is 3/5 to 3/7, and Princeton has two:

Feb 20-21 and March 13-14

Edited by doomination

Congrats everyone! Looks like they wanted to get out a lot of acceptances before the long weekend!

Figured I'd also post recruitment weekend visits of places that I know of in case people were wondering:

Berkeley is Feb 5-8 and Feb 19-22

UCSB is Feb 22-24 and Mar 12-15

Northwestern is Feb 5-8 and Feb 12-15

Penn is tentatively (haven't gotten the details yet) Feb 19-22 and Mar 5-8

UT Austin is Mar 5-8

Penn State is Feb 12-15

Update, just heard from MIT! Recruitment weekends are Mar 6-7 and 13-14.

Edited by tulips

thanks argon :)

tulips, when you say you heard from MIT, does that mean you were offered admission?

Yes, I was offered admission! I received a call and an email shortly afterwards. Apologies for the ambiguity

Edited by tulips

Anyone know why some of the UW Madison results are showing interview rather than acceptance? My email was a straight admission, seems kind of weird.

I was one of the interviews.  The email stated they wanted to know more about future goals and past experience during visitation weekend, and the decision would be made quickly after that.  It wasn't ambiguous, so I'm sure you were just straight accepted.  Congrats!

Thanks doomination and cafe_au_lait! I ended up hearing back from four schools in the past 36 hours, so the wait is over for me now (crazy feeling to not anxiously/obsessively check my email now). I hope everyone else hears back from their top choices soon, if you haven't already! 

To clarify a previous post, the UPenn visiting dates are: February 19th-21st and March 5th-March 7th (yes, Thursday through Saturday).

Edited by argon214

Berkeley on 12/5, Stanford I don't know but probably the same day or so (i.e. ~12/5), and MIT ChemE mere hours before the deadline :P

Edited by argon214

Okay good haha. I did most of mine in late Nov. and early Dec. just was wondering if anyone who had applied around those periods had heard back already.

FWIW, I submitted my applications in late November and heard back from Berkeley (Dec 23), Stanford (Jan 15), and MIT (Jan 16). So decisions are slowly trickling out.

People,

I got into UT Austin (Dec 23), Caltech (Jan 9), NW (Jan 10) and Upenn and Princeton (Jan 20), but I am getting nervous about Stanford and Berkeley. I know things continue to trickle in into mid Feb but it looks like I have missed out on the initial wave of acceptances.

Good luck everyone! If we don't here something this week, the outlook is grim.

I'm feeling the same way about Stanford and Berkeley. I'm thinking the first main wave of acceptances for them are done. Ah well! 

What is strange is the limited number of people sharing outcomes on the "results page". Seems like we have a pretty quiet bunch in this cohort, perhaps myself included.

Hi everybody

I have applied to NYU, Drexel, Clemson, Oregon State University, Washington State University, University of Rhode Island so far.

I have 1.5 years research experience and one summer internship. My GPA is 3.35/4 and my GRE score is V:155, Q:165 and W:4. My TOEFL score is 109/120. I haven't got any admission or rejection emails so far. Should I start to worry? When do you think the emails will come?