LBJ school 2015 Applications & Admits

gradphil

I'm starting to feel the impatience! I had been hoping decisions would be sent today so I could decide if I want to attend UW's admitted students day. I only ended up applying to the three programs I could actually see myself attending, so this is a bit nervewracking!

I'm starting to feel the impatience! I had been hoping decisions would be sent today so I could decide if I want to attend UW's admitted students day. I only ended up applying to the three programs I could actually see myself attending, so this is a bit nervewracking!

Did Madison give you any funding? I would love to go to UW but the tuition is too high and I got -zero- from them. :(

Did Madison give you any funding? I would love to go to UW but the tuition is too high and I got -zero- from them. :(

I actually meant the Evans School at the University of Washington! But same boat there. No merit-based funding. Still hoping for need-based since out of state tuition is so expensive.

I just spoke with someone in admissions at LBJ (I couldn't stand constantly checking my emails and the mystatus page any longer). She was very nice to return my call, as I'm sure that she has been fielding the exact same question over and over.

She said that there were some delays so she couldn't give an exact date and that they are still in the review stage, hoping to have a decision "mid-March," (just as the website indicated, ugh).

One good thing is that she said that funding information would be released in the admissions notification. I noticed that, in the past, people received their offer of admission and the funding information about a week apart, so at least we won't have to wait twice!

I'm guessing we'll receive a decision no later than the middle of next week.

And...we wait.

That makes me nervous about the number of applicants this year. I know several extremely qualified individuals here in Austin who applied, who have great connections to the school alone. But this makes me glad I submitted my application earlier rather than later like recommended! Crossing my fingers.

While we wait, do y'all know anything about funding for texas residents @ LBJ?

I am not optimistic about in-state funding. I would think they reserve most funding to attract out-of-staters who might be on the fence. This is seriously the last school I am waiting on and at this point I just want to know so I can move forward in the process.

I just spoke with someone in admissions at LBJ (I couldn't stand constantly checking my emails and the mystatus page any longer). She was very nice to return my call, as I'm sure that she has been fielding the exact same question over and over.

She said that there were some delays so she couldn't give an exact date and that they are still in the review stage, hoping to have a decision "mid-March," (just as the website indicated, ugh).

One good thing is that she said that funding information would be released in the admissions notification. I noticed that, in the past, people received their offer of admission and the funding information about a week apart, so at least we won't have to wait twice!

I'm guessing we'll receive a decision no later than the middle of next week.

And...we wait.

Thank you for calling so we don't have to. I have been fighting myself to not call but, for the love of god, i really wanted to call.

Disclaimer: I haven't heard back yet.

Does anybody know how many students typically get off the wait-list each year?  Is that information published?  I have been accepted to some peer programs of LBJ, but if it is a strong application year, I want to know what my odds are if I get waitlisted...

I just logged in to the "My Status" website.  My application status is still "Under Review", but I now see a "Fall 2015 Financial Aid" link on my dashboard.  That was not there a few days ago.  I'm not saying that this indicates I have been admitted, but something is going on behind the scenes.  Maybe we will hear more today or tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!

I just logged in to the "My Status" website.  My application status is still "Under Review", but I now see a "Fall 2015 Financial Aid" link on my dashboard.  That was not there a few days ago.  I'm not saying that this indicates I have been admitted, but something is going on behind the scenes.  Maybe we will hear more today or tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!

I've had the "Fall 2015 Financial Aid" link for over a month,  don't know that it is a sign of anything.

Good luck everyone!

My guess is that it has something to do with filing your fafsa - just a guess though.

This is the only school left for me as well and my top choice, which makes the wait even more unberable! Optimistically, I'm hoping for a decision tomorrow; realistically, I'm thinking Wednesday at the latest.

I really hope we hear back today or tomorrow. Would it be weird if I just showed up in person and asked? Jkjk. The longer wait is just allowing me more time to consider the Evans School.

I received an acceptance this morning! Has anyone else heard? 

I haven't heard anything yet but now I'll be repeatedly refreshing my status page!

How were you informed? Email, status website, etc..?

I haven't heard anything yet but now I'll be repeatedly refreshing my status page!

How were you informed? Email, status website, etc..?

I was notified via email, and funding info was included in the letter. Mueva, I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm on the West Coast.

I was notified via email, and funding info was included in the letter. Mueva, I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm on the West Coast.

Do you mind if I ask how much funding you were offered?

I'm feeling nervous. I might have to go for a run! Either way I'll be celebrating the end of the waiting game tonight at some SXSW events!

As a native Austinite, anyone who gets in and decides LBJ is for them can feel free to ask me questions about the city!