LBJ school 2015 Applications & Admits

gradphil

CONGRATS! What did your status say about funding? Have you rec'd an email yet?

No email, but there was that recommended item about the hazelwood exemption. And CONGRATS to you, too!!

No email, but there was that recommended item about the hazelwood exemption. And CONGRATS to you, too!!

Yeah, well, have a good night at SXSW. I'm an Austin native, & just left this morning after a week visiting my folks. Its about to be crazy there for the next 2 wks, so stay safe!

I'm in as well. No email and no mention of funding on the website. 

I also have the Hazelwood information on the My Status page. I was born in Texas, does that get me any funds?   :)

I received an email with funding information - waiver of out-of-state portion plus a fellowship, I'll take it!

Congratulations! Which program is that for?

Did you just now get the email our was it earlier (during business hours)?

I've been lurking this thread for months so I thought I'd update for future lurkers like me.

I was admitted this afternoon - MyStatus updated and I received an email shortly after. I'm in-state but I was still offered a $38,000 fellowship. I was really nervous about not getting any funding because I was in-state so for those with similar fears, don't lose hope!

Really, really excited - this was my #1 choice!

I've been lurking this thread for months so I thought I'd update for future lurkers like me.

I was admitted this afternoon - MyStatus updated and I received an email shortly after. I'm in-state but I was still offered a $38,000 fellowship. I was really nervous about not getting any funding because I was in-state so for those with similar fears, don't lose hope!

Really, really excited - this was my #1 choice!

Was your offer in the email & not on the page? That's all I'm trying to sort out at this point.

Also, CONGRATS!

Was your offer in the email & not on the page? That's all I'm trying to sort out at this point.

Also, CONGRATS!

Yep! The fellowship offer came in the PDF attached to the official welcome email.

My UT status page just says "admitted" with the veteran's scholarship thing even though I'm not related to a veteran. The fellowship does not show up under my financial aid tab either - I think that's solely for FAFSA results.

Edited by Leilalikk

Yep! The fellowship offer came in the PDF attached to the official welcome email.

My UT status page just says "admitted" with the veteran's scholarship thing even though I'm not related to a veteran. The fellowship does not show up under my financial aid tab either - I think that's solely for FAFSA results.

Well, okay! Maybe all hope is not lost. Thank you!

I didn't receive any funding either. It's between the LBJ and Evans School for me. LBJ is still considerably cheaper for me being in-state. Though it would be so nice to live in Seattle for a couple years.

I didn't receive any funding either. It's between the LBJ and Evans School for me. LBJ is still considerably cheaper for me being in-state. Though it would be so nice to live in Seattle for a couple years.

Did you receive any funding from Evans? I didn't get funding from either and I'm still trying to decide where to go.

Did you receive any funding from Evans? I didn't get funding from either and I'm still trying to decide where to go.

No funding from Evans, either. I made some rough calculations, and for two whole years at LBJ, including housing and food costs, it would cost less than one year at Evans. Not to mention my established professional, medical, and emotional networks are all here in Austin. The dilemma stems from the fact that I would absolutely love to live in Seattle for 2 years. I think both programs are pretty comparable though.

I was just notified that I was admitted to the DC Track with a $10k fellowship to be applied to the DC semesters. Even with out-of-state tuition, LBJ is a significant amount cheaper than the other schools I'm looking at. I've always wanted to live in Austin, too...

I'm wishing everyone good luck this month with their tough decisions. I know I'll need some!

I'm not a current student, but I followed up after being notified that I wasn't going to be receiving any aid. I got a thoughtful note from Cathy White explaining how the Fellowships are determined and the limited availability of funds.

She also explained that many students attempt to secure graduate research assistantships to help fund their education. She said they aren't available your first semester, as professors would want to know you prior to hiring you for the job. Those positions provide a stipend and fund a portion of tuition. There are other jobs available once you enroll.

I think it's safe to say if you established an early rapport with a professor, you might be able to secure funding by your second semester.